See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 29, 2013

10-12 min.by foot from the Central station (both train and bus). Good location. Room is very basic, but clean and warm in winter. Breakfast is juice, a sandwich and an apple, free tea in the lobby.
A bar with a smoking veranda is next door outside.
On week-ends, basement disco can be annoying because of its subwoofer.
Price-wise - a very good choice indeed!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 25, 2013

we booked the hotel via internet for one night after our Hurtigruten Cruise. The hotel is old, beds are not very comfortable, the bathroom ddidn't appear to be very clean.

The so-called breakfast (a bag with sandwich, apple juice and coffee to take in the hotel lobby) didn't make it better.

My personal "highlight" was the extremely loud music unt il 3 a.m. I couldn't get sleep, you didn't only hear the music, you felt the walls and furniture vibrating.

I would never ever book this hotel again - I would prefer to sleep outside.

Room Tip: take a room in another hotel
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ellen B
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Pet peeve of mine is a bathroom where you do everything you can not to, but inevitably flood the bathroom floor when you shower, because it's all one floor. We asked for a room around the side when we saw the people in the football pub and the glazing on the windows did a great job of blocking out the noise.
Not sure I count a sandwich as breakfast included, so don't get excited about that aspect - though if you're off hiking, it might be the perfect thing.

Room Tip: quieter rooms around the side.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2013

For budget travelers, this hotel certainly isn't a bad option. It's located within walking distance of Bergen's main tourist attractions, the front desk staff are competent, the rooms are clean and the wifi works. I also liked the free coffee in the lobby.

The downside is that the rooms are way overpriced for what you actually get (but everything is in Norway). And, it's definitely noisy on the weekend. Even though I was on the highest floor of the hotel and had my window shut it was difficult for me to fall asleep on Sunday night (noise continued until at least 1am).

All in all, a pretty good stay though. And, my guess is that it's impossible to find another better budget accommodation.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank KMS3
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This hotel in Bergen has a very central location. There are a footbal pub in the first floor and in weekends it is noisy. However if you manage to get a room at the top floors it helps. We was shocked by the unfriendly receptionist. She was arrogant, almost hostile and not giving us any information. In short she should look for a job in a totally different business. The breakfast was a bag hanging on the doorknob with an apple, sandwich and a small juicebox. Fair enough. The bed was comfortable and the room an average 2 or 3 star hotel. I think Bergen have many other better hotels in this price range than P-Hotels.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family