See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 16, 2012

The hotel was originally known as Bergen Travel and is now under the management of P-Hotels. The hotel has 3 buildings close by and I ended up staying away from the main building. There was a boxed breakfast which was nothing spectacular. For the price that I paid for this room, I expected a bit more. However the hotel is centrally located.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2012

This hotel is located above a pub frequented by soccer fans. The pulsing music, shouting, and laughter begins around 10 and continues until 3 or 4 am. Breakfast is a nasty sandwich (cold) and a mushy apple, and the staff doesn't accommodate requests for more soap, more towels, etc. after the first night we asked to be moved to the back of the hotel, away from the street, but we were told it was not possible. STAY AWAY!!

PS: We booked with the Bergen Travel Hotel next door, but that hotel no longer exists so our reservation was moved next door to the P Hotel. Sucked.

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank Elizabeth D
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Ok, it's as cheap as you're going to find in mega expensive Norway and the room was clean. Bergen is small so the location is good, 10 mins walk from train station and the main sites. But... what a noisey hotel. SportsBar in the basement open til like 2am and on matchdays is full of chanting supporters. No sleep in the front of the building. The back is quieter but a lot of banging from laminate floors above. Then, the worst thing, are the curtains. It's Norway, it is light pretty much all day and all night, So they put up thin, light curtains that are 10cm from the wall and do a poor job of blocking out any light whatsover. I really struggled to sleep. Breakfast is left on the door handle each day and is always the same... a ham and cheese sandwich, orange juice and an apple. Not the best. Free wifi though. I feel there are better options out there.

Room Tip: You HAVE to get a room towards the back of the hotel to have any chance of sleep.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Stayed above the dodgy bar with the loud beer garden out the back. Room was a total disgrace - looked like blood/excrement was smeared on the wall next to the light switches. The heater was hanging off the wall , windows did not open properly. Curtains were see through and did not fit properly which at this time of year is a major problem with it being light for so many hours.

No restaurant and so a stale sandwich with a kids' drink is put on your door handle each morning.

I have stayed in many hotels travelling on business but I can honestly say this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

After a lot of complaining I did eventually get moved to a better room but still have the same issue with curtains and so had to use the television and sofabed to pin them against the wall to minimise the amount of light coming through the windows!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Lost-Out
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Rates are low, but it would be more than worth it to spend more to be able to sleep through the night. The lobby is nice and cozy, and the employees were more than friendly, but those were my only positive experiences. The rooms were spartan, which would be okay if I were more comfortable with the cleanliness of the room. I found a piece of garbage under the bed which made me uncomfortable for the rest of my stay - wondering what ELSE had not been cleaned since the prior occupants. I liked the large window, but a downside of this is that it was located directly above a bar down below that I later discovered was popular and extremely busy as a late night karaoke spot. I wore earplugs and STILL couldn't escape the noise enough to sleep. After the bar closed a lot of patrons loitered outside and the noise remained until nearly 4am. I won't stay here again. If you're going to be out all night anyway, and typically stay in hostels or the like while traveling, this hotel may work out for you. Great location, but if you expect anything particularly comfortable, choose another hotel.

Room Tip: The highest level room, furthest away from the bar downstairs, would be the best choice to avoid the late night/early morning noise.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends