“Scary... but worth it” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Zipline at Mt Ulriken in Bergen
Ranked #5 of 122 things to do in Bergen
More attraction details
Owner description: The highest of the seven mountains surrounding Bergen.
Southport, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Scary... but worth it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014

Right, I don't do cable cars. I hate them. They really do freak me out. However, my Mrs loves them and she talked me into going up Ulriken on the cable car (the things we do for love). The journey takes about 5 minutes up the mountain. This 5 minutes was spent gripping the sides of the car and looking directly at the floor. Meanwhile my Mrs was laughing her head off at her "big Jessie" (I am a big chap) and happily taking snaps of the view and the mard.

The relief I felt when my Mrs peeled my fingers off the rails and we got out the car was bordering on ecstasy. I was back on terra firma and when I opened my eyes the sight was as good as it gets. A full panoramic vista of the town and the surrounding area. Extraordinary beauty. It was well worth the trip up the mountain. I do believe that you get a better view of the town itself from the fliobanen as it is closer, but for an overall view then nothing beats Ulriken. Once on Ulriken you can do a good few walks over the mountains. We were gutted we didn't have our walking boots (Hiking mountains in a pair of Gazelles isn't wise) with us because we would definitely have gone for the walk. And for me it would have meant not going back down the hill in the cable car. Again, like everything in Bergen, it isn't cheap. We got a package of the round trip on the bus from the fish market and entry up the hill for £49 for the pair of us. Overall though, an epic experience and an absolute must if you are ever in Bergen

3 Thank Mal G

• Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Eye to eye with hang gliders”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014

Took the cable car with views a tad more impressive than the funicular ride. The bonus being on Mount Ulriken, to walk and explore envy the country cottages perched on the plateau ... find oneself eye to eye with the hang gliders. Then make the descent, stopping to savour the view and admire the locals running up and around the mountain, as sure footed as any mountain goat.

Bergen, Norway
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“amazing views - must visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014

We visited mt. Ulriken last week. It is an amazing place, one must visit it while in Bergen. We went up with a cable car but I have seen many people walking all the way up. Once you are at the top, there is a lot to do. You can walk around, there are some very beautiful lakes and views are very beautiful. Some people were enjoying paragliding. There is a small cafe and a restaurant as well. We went on a cloudy day and it was windy. Hiking around was a bit tough. On our way back, it started raining and the fog was too thick. The gondolas were running extremely slow and everybody wanted to go down. We had to wait for around 2.5 hrs just get into a gondola. So, choose a clear day and wear warm clothes and very good shoes. :) :)

Helsingborg,sweden
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Thrilling”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

Went up to Mount ulriken in the afternoon, really pretty on top. After a couple of hours we planned on going down, then a big storm came in over us. They had to close down the gondolas. After one hour they re-opened, but it was a scary ride down. The gondola shook and were swinging uncontrolled in the hard wind.

3 Thank oregongirl62
Windsor
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Incredible views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

On a clear day, the views are incredible.

At peak times, there is a long wait for the cable car. Worth doing if you are not in a rush. Avoid peak times if you can...

1 Thank mg55055