“Everything but fast and tasty!”
Review of Hansatorget Cafe

Hansatorget Cafe
Ranked #307 of 387 Restaurants in Bergen
Cuisines: International
Description: Third floor restaurant at Bergen Airport
Description: Third floor restaurant at Bergen Airport
Drobak, Norway
“Everything but fast and tasty!”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Arrived to Flesland with time to spare, and wanted better food than what is available in the departure area of the airport. I therefore went to the upper floor and into Hansatorget cafe.

The place had very few guests, but in spite of this I waited quite a while before the staff decided it was time to take my order.
I asked what the best choice would be if I wanted to get my food fast, and upon recommendation I ordered a wok with shrimps. That should take only 5 minutes to prepare.

After 15 minutes I approached the counter again and asked why I haven't got any food.
Shockingly I discovered they had not even started to cook!!!
In addition I got stupid excuses like "we don't have enough staff" while what I could observe from my table while waiting was that only one of the was preparing food, while the other one stood by his side having a chat! (and they had only got 2-3 orders while I waited)

After 5 more minutes I finally got the worst wok dish I ever tasted. Shrimps where few and with a slightly burned taste, and everything was dry without any wok sauce.

Since I was running out of time, I could not finish but had to leave some food and beer behind.

On a poster in the check-in hall they advertise: "God mat og drikke tar ikke lang tid" (Good food and beverages does not take long)
My experience is that the food is bad and anything but fast!!

• Visited September 2011