We booked this hotel through British Airways as a flight plus hotel.
The hotel was the best of any that we have experienced whilst enjoying short breaks in European cities.
The hotel has six floors, and a restaurant that opens Monday to Thursday.
On arrival (via the excellent FlybussBergen) we were greeted in English.
The reception staff were helpful and pleased to see us. We were offered and accepted an upgrade to a superior room at an additional 200 nok per night. (about £20)
There is a lift to all floors and stairs. Our room on the 4th floor was clean and modern with laminate floor throughout with a themed colour scheme.
The Bathroom was sparkling and bright with a good sized thermostatically controlled shower. The room had a mini bar, tea and coffee maker also a room safe.
We has booked a double room but the beds were two singles together, though this seems to be the norm in Norway. The only slight annoyance was the lack of shelves for clothes so we had to live out of our cases. The wardrobe is okay for hanging clothes but no shelves are provided.
The room centrally heated with individual thermostat that did regulate the heat properly making it comfortable at all times despite the large double glazed windows that gave a good view of the street below. A large TV is provided and although no English channels some films have sub titles. The hotel does not have air conditioning though this is not a problem in November.
Room service is provided by a local Pizza restaurant. We did order one evening and it took 45 minutes to arrive. Food was hot and delicious.
The restaurant was popular with many locals eating there. The food was excellent and although my wife is Gluten Free (GF) that was not a problem. Hotel patrons get a 10% discount.
Breakfast was amazing, Scrambled eggs, fried eggs, bacon, smoked salmon and a huge range of cold meats and cheeses. Something for everyone and lots of it GF bread and crackers provided as a standard alongside ordinary bread..
The easiest way to travel to Bergen from the Airport is to book online on FlybussBergen. The new red, white and blue coaches with luggage racks provide a regular service between the airport and Bergen centre. The coaches drive round the hotels and announce each one in turn. Our driver loaded our cases, then dropped us immediately outside the door of the hotel. The same happened on the way home. You can also pay on the day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BW Hotell Hordaheimen is a tradtional Norwegian hotel from 1918. Today the hotel is a modern business hotel With 88 rooms, Conference rooms and a cosy restaurant With Authentic Norwegian country Cooking on the menu. If you travel a lot and are looking for a place to relax in a cosy atmosphere, Hordaheimen is the place for you. A home away! The hotel is located in the city centre of Bergen, Close to attractions, restaurants and shopping. Hope to see you on Your NeXT visit to Bergen! Kind Regards Ann Rita Hovden Hotel Manager ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Plus Hotell Hordaheimen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Hotell Hordaheimen Hotel Bergen
- Best Western Hotel Bergen
- Best Western Bergen
- Bergen Best Western