Open today: Closed

Book in advance
from
$162.40
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Norway Mountain Guides
from $162.40
from $119.75
from $671.71
from $182.58
More Info
All reviews an excellent guide norwegian culture guided hike local guide great hike day hike hot drinks snowshoe frank tobias pace company terrain knowledge nature taught summit
Selected filters
Reviewed April 24, 2019 via mobile

I had a great hike with Frank. I was the only one who booked and he still ran the tour which was great. He has a lot of knowledge about Norway which he is very happy to share. Frank is good at instructing on the best ways to hike, which was great for me as there were some areas I felt less confident. I felt safe the entire time. The scenery was beautiful and he really knew his stuff. Overall, a fabulous experience that I’d recommend.

Date of experience: April 2019
1  Thank Lostinspace23
Frank_NMG, Manager at Norway Mountain Guides, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2020

Thank you. Normally it takes at least 2 participants to do the hike, but we are very grateful to everyone who wants to experience the nature around Bergen and do what we can to make it work. That you feel safe is important to enjoy nature and not to worry. It is our job to make sure everyone feels comfortable. Thanks again for choosing Norway mountain Guides.

Reviewed April 23, 2019

I booked a tour with Norway Mountain Guides to do the hike from Mount Ulriken to Mount Floyen. This was my first hike in a very long time, but my guide Lene was wonderful and very helpful. She was friendly, knew very well her way around the mountains and the paths, and provided a very interesting tour. I could go at my preferred pace, especially at the steepest parts of the routes. Some of the landscapes along the route were simply breathtaking. The whole tour took around 5h40, and it was one of the best experiences of my entire trip to Norway. Would highly recommend!

Date of experience: April 2019
Frank_NMG, Leder  at Norway Mountain Guides, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2019

Hei! to travel from the other side of the world and choosing Norway Mountain Guides it makes us very happy, and we are glad to here that you enjoyed it. We believe in small groups and personal contact, and enjoy the nature together and leaning from each other. all the best from me, and from Lene.

Reviewed April 2, 2019

Frank took my wife and me about 45 minutes outside of town to a beautiful area with fresh snow and we hiked groomed trails, then did hiking across virgin snow to an overlook of a beautiful Fjord. Frank was patient, told us about the area, took us to see gorgeous beautiful scenery, then ended with a snack of real Norwegian food. Probably the high light of our trip to Bergen - Wonderful Memories!!!!!!

Date of experience: March 2019

Wonderful memories for me as well, you two made my day. The snowshoing with a view to the Hardangerfjord never get boring, and a nice bonus with our great waterfall adventure. Take care, and travel safe!

Reviewed March 26, 2019

Our hike with Frank was truly one of a kind. He is personable, funny, experienced, and extremely knowledgable about the area. He shared great stories and we learned a lot about the Norwegian culture. We hiked about 1/3 of the way before we put on our snow-shoes. Snowshoe-ing was awesome and very manageable for people of various hiking skill levels. I am not too experienced in hiking--but Frank paced us well and I did just fine! At the top of the mountain, there was a small little red barn that we ate lunch at. Frank packed a traditional Norwegian snack (brown cheese and tea!). The brown cheese with buttered bread was so delicious--went to a grocery store and bought some for myself! Definitely would book with Frank again!!

1  Thank Lisa L

Thank you a lot. You should work as an ambassador for us. You were some of our first customers who took this tour during winter time, and the combination of Fjord hiking and snowshoes worked well. This is a trip that is not mentioned in the tour books, and then it was so nice to see how much you appreciated the trip

Reviewed March 26, 2019 via mobile

Frank was an excellent guide even with some typical Bergen weather. He was knowledgeable and guided us with our safety in mind. Would recommend to anyone wanting to see beautiful Bergen terrain.

Date of experience: March 2019

Happy to hear that you enjoyed the hiking even with the heavy weather. You were up for heavy wind and rain, we did the challenge with style, thanks!