TripAdvisor
Bergen
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews canopy room the blue room guest house is cobbled street living room train station residential neighborhood heavy suitcases spent nights a wonderful place to stay few minutes walk washer and dryer historic bryggen first floor bed was very comfortable location is fantastic main attractions
Selected filters
Reviewed July 21, 2015

To Sostre Guesthouse is a very charming place in the nicest part of Bergen's old town, just 5 minutes from the famous hanseatic quarter. We were in the Carbiner House Apt., an artist's appartment equipped with style and overlooking a beautiful garden. Due to the thick curtains we could even sleep well around midsummer night. Our only critique is that it was a bit small for four People, the two sleeping rooms being only separated by a curtain. For one couple, it would be perfect (but then again it would not be cheap...).

Room tip: Carbiner House Apt. where we stayed is an amazing location for one, rather wealthy couple
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Carignano
Reviewed July 18, 2015 via mobile

We stayed in the guesthouse located above the artist's quarters (and in fact met the lovely artist). The accomodation is very clean, light and well heated. The kitchen is very useful and the shower room just the right size. The washer and dryer downstairs are very convenient. Our lovely host met us after we arrived after 30 hours of travelling from Australia, and kindly went to the shops with a list of breakfast supplies as it was a Sunday and she knew where to locate things easily. It was a very helpful gesture and she simply added the cost to our bill. The beds are comfortable and the sofa bed was a good size for the kids - it is wide and well supported. The linen was fresh and clean and we all slept very well. The location is also very handy to the centre of Bergen.

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank KarieSyd
Reviewed July 7, 2015

My two brothers and myself stayed in the loft at the guesthouse. It was bright and spacious with the bonus of a porch off our room to enjoy a glass of wine. The room had a queen sized bed and two twin beds. . . very comfortable! The bathroom had a great walk in shower. We were made to feel welcome when we arrived and were shown around the common living space. We were encouraged to make use of the living room and kitchen if we desired. The breakfast was delicious. We all loved the waffles as well as the homemade jam. Meats and cheeses, yogurt and fruit were enjoyed as well.

Room tip: The loft is spacious and has its own bathroom and small porch.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank dclarinet
Reviewed July 4, 2015

I stayed two nights, with a change of bedroom. I didn't meet Yvonne, but Renate looked after me and my fellow guests superbly. It is in a traditional style wooden house, and I don't think there were any right angles in the building! It's really handy from Bryggen, and only a few minutes' walk from Flybussen's terminus, but very quiet and peaceful. There is a spacious and comfortable lounge area, and guests can use the kitchen. If I wanted to be picky, I could wish that the rooms had had en-suite bathrooms, but other than that the only problem I had was lugging my oversized bag up the rather narrow stairs. This is not a place for anyone who cannot manage steep streets and steps, and there is no convenient parking.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Bean-astair
Reviewed July 4, 2015

The 3 of us (my wife, her sister and I) spent 4 nights at To Sostre and we enjoyed ourselves immensely. Renate made us feel at home and was so very accommodating. Breakfasts were hearty, tasty with slight variations every day.

We stayed in the Loft which was spacious enough for the 3 of us. It also has a small veranda which was a great way for us to relax and have a glass of wine as we awaited going out to dinner.

The views from the Loft are wonderful and we wished we would have booked more time in Bergen and at To Sostre. The decor was modern Norwegian and the entire accommodations were very clean and homey.

We highly recommend To Sostre and if we ever find ourselves in Bergen again, we will definitely stay with Renate and Yvonne!

Room tip: The Loft is a little more expensive than the other rooms, but we felt it was well worth the extra cost.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends