“Local cuisine in a cosy setting.”

Bryggeloftet & Stuene
Ranked #16 of 410 Restaurants in Bergen
Cuisines: Norwegian, International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The restaurant where the atmosphere makes all the difference. Enjoy dining in the fascinating atmosphere of the old warf, Bryggen, where the buildings erected by the merchants of the Hanseatic League between the 13th and the 18th centuries still stand.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Soft lighting, cosy furniture and very friendly and helpful staff. My mother and I enjoyed the food and wine after a long day sightseeing on foot. I had an extremely cheesy vegetarian lasagna and my mother had venison. We were very happy with the food which came out promptly. For Norway the prices were surprisingly very reasonable. I would highly recommend this restaurant and happily return for a hot comfort meal.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,853)

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I dined here on a recent getaway and we were so glad that we did.The service was impeccable and we felt very well looked after. The staff were very smiley and nothing seemed too much trouble.
The food is delicious and great value for money (especially for the area!) and it was definitely the best meals that we have had in a long time.I will no doubt return!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Reminds me of Lyons corner house in 1952. Catering food, at restaurant prices. Old fashioned. Dinners for geriatrics.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We went in here for one course and ended up eating three as the food was so incredible. It was simply cooked but absolutely perfect, I honestly can't praise it enough. I have not had food this delicious in years and would recommend this without hesitation to anyone, if I go back I will be eating there again.

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant had good food for the money, specially when comparing to restaurants surrounding it. Worth a stop.