All reviews watch netflix funky decor bed was comfortable fish market perfect location the ground floor two nights bryggen clerk toiletries
Selected filters
Reviewed December 27, 2019

The hotel has a nice location near the harbor in Bergen. It is located inside a shopping mall and has a very small reception area. It is a B&B hotel, does not have room service or any other services. but the worst thing about this hotel is the nightclub on the topp floor. It’s not possible to sleep untill after 3am. Stay away from this hotel if you want to sleep.

Date of stay: September 2019
Kløverhuset R, Receptionist at Magic Hotel Kloverhuset, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2020

Hello Karl F,
Thank you for the feedback.
I am sorry if you had to experience the noises from the night club. The booking site do inform everyone that we have a night club in the build from was open every saturday night from 23 pm, till 02:30 pm. But till the summer 2020 the night club will stay closed.

I wish you a good day.
-Talal

Reviewed September 15, 2019

Start with the positives. Good location, rooms nicely furnished, clean. Staff very helpful.

The location and entrance are odd. Basically in the middle of a shopping centre. I can't vouch for the noise from the nightclub as it was closed and so was quiet.

I had a nasty shock with the hairdryer which blew up, short circuited the room,and left a burn. These items should be regularly tested given the level of wear and tear. Staff were helpful in dealing with the matter but would be concerned if reception was closed.

All in all, for a one night stay perfectly adequate. Anything longer would look somewhere else.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Kløverhuset R, Receptionist at Magic Hotel Kloverhuset, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2019

Dear guest, thank you so much for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you liked our location, modern room and staff.
We strongly regret that you experienced a shock with the hair dryer in the room. This was passed on to the management, and we have now handed it in to the supplier.
I hope your wound has healed and that you have enjoyed your stay here during your short trip here in Bergen.

Best regards, Emily - Magic hotel Kløverhuset

Reviewed September 12, 2019

3 people working behind the reception/bar.

I was just looking for a beer in the city centre.

One clerk had customer, the other two was hanging around.

I struggled to get noticed. After a while they looked up and asked the woman who was being helped if she needed assistance.
After she said no, they asked me and I ordered a beer. From when I told her what I wanted till she was pushing it in to the cash register, she had already forgotten and asked me again.

This in a bar with just 3 different beers.

Just a minor detail to complain about is that they have wrong glasses for the beer bottle. Gives impresdioe they serve draft.

The location of the bar is exceptional in the middle of a fancy city mall, with 360 view to 3 floors.

In the bar there is several signs and promoting material to write a comment about the place on TripAdvisor, so I did.

Barkeepers need more focus and the right ethicette for bar running needs upgraded.

All in all this is an absolute sweet spot and I'll highly recommend the place

Trip type: Traveled solo
Kløverhuset R, Manager at Magic Hotel Kloverhuset, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2019

Dear,

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it.

We are only 1 person working in the front desk of the hotel, the two others was not working here in the reception, but in the back office in the building. This is not an excuse, but the person who helped you is not familiar with the bar here.

The receptionists have focus on the right bar etiquette and if you ever come back here again, then we would love to help you and make a better impression :)

Have a nice day!

Best regards,
Ane, Hotel Manager

Reviewed September 10, 2019 via mobile

Booked a superior double room with balcony for 3 nights Saturday-Monday. There are only a couple of these rooms we were told when checking in and they are on the 6th floor, right under the nightclub which operates Saturday nights until 2.30am. We were warned there may be some noise when we checked in. Some noise is an understatement!! You can hear the lyrics to every song. Earplugs were not provided. You can also hear people clearly in the corridors.
On the positive side, the location and views are great. The other 2 nights when the nightclub wasn’t operating were quiet, as should be expected of any hotel.
Strange entry through the shopping centre.
Funky decor should not mean impractical. Only room to hang 3 things, no shelf in bathroom for toiletries and the bed is located under the sloping ceiling of the eaves making it claustrophobic.
Overall would not stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank jaykay315
Kløverhuset R, Receptionist at Magic Hotel Kloverhuset, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2019

Dear guest, thank you so much for your feedback. We really appreciate that.
We are so sorry for the problems that occurred and the noise you experienced during your stay, and we really appreciate that you're taking the time to write to us so we can improve even more.
Have a nice day!

Best regards, Magic hotel Kløverhuset

Reviewed September 7, 2019

So let’s start with the definition of hotel. It provides lodging. Lodging, according to Wikipedia, is needed for people who travel and stay away from home for more than a day who need sleep, rest, food, safety, shelter from cold temperatures or rain, storage of luggage. The need/requirement of sleep did not happen at this hotel because of the club on the 7th floor. It is clear that hotel management is fully aware of this problem and ask their young front desk staff to deliver the news with there will be a “little bit of noise”. ??? The music is clearly audible in my room, the reverberation of the bass cause the walls to pulse not to mention the screaming drunken clubbers outside. The front desk staff explain it away that this is the price to pay being in the center of Bergen on a Saturday night as apparently the center is one big party on a Saturday night so apparently it wouldn’t matter where I stay in Bergen as this would be an issue anywhere. Really? I was also told I should have known as it is on their booking sites. Indeed, if I had done some proper research I would have found the numerous complaints about this hotel stating sleeping in this hotel on a Saturday night is not possible as well as the hotel’s response, “we are so sorry for the inconvenience.” It is not an inconvenience, it is taking money for a service not provided. When I book a hotel I expect to be able to sleep, otherwise I would spend far less and stay at a hostel. What management should be instructing their staff is to tell guests the truth, you won’t sleep. You have paid for a hotel in a great location, but you won’t sleep tonight and you should have known that before booking. NOT there will be a little bit of noise. I definitely won’t stay at a Magic hotel in the future as this blatant disrespect toward guests speaks volumes to their overall approach to customer service. I travel a lot. I’ve stayed at hotels near airports and other hotels with night clubs and have not had near the noise issue as this hotel.
Let me paint the picture. The hotel occupies floors 5, 6, & 8. The club is on the 7th. There is NO escaping the noise. I can Shazam the songs, that is how audible the music is. Currently, Chocolat by Lartiste Feat. Awa Imani is playing.

My confirmation said I would have a street view, not sure if that would have been better, but what I got was a courtyard view. The same courtyard the nightclub is over. If the hotel is going to run a club on Saturday night then it should not subject guests to the noise. The plus, because I can’t sleep, I have plenty of time to write this review. Truly outrageous. Worst hotel experience I’ve ever had. A complete waste of money.

Room tip: Book somewhere else
1  Thank 861debbied

Dear guest, thank you so much for your feedback. We really appreciate that.
We hope we will have the chance to welcome you back again in the near future with a better service.

Best regards, Emily, front office - Magic hotel Kløverhuset