All reviews bass minute walk street noise fish market room was clean train station bryggen norway
Selected filters
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Within easy walking distance of the train station. On arrival the door was locked, the phone number was not answered... not good enough, maybe it was a Sunday but it was only 3pm!!! 7 people all with luggage left on the footpath in the rain... not a good start. Reception eventually was contacted & booked us in. The rooms are very modern decor, funky & functional. The trek to the 5th floor room was via the shopping centre, not open on Sunday afternoon. The bedding is comfortable with tv & free wifi. No breakfast provided but cafes nearby. Not suitable for mobility impaired or children.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Xhibition R, Resepsjonen at Magic Hotel Xhibition, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay at our
hotel. We're glad you found our location convenient! And that you liked our design,
it's definitely one of the things we are very proud of about our hotel.
Even though your very first meeting with us wasn't up to our usual standards,
we hope we managed to change your impression of us throughout your stay,
and that we'll see you again in the future!

Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

When you advertise ‘AIR CONDITIONING’ and charge $200+ a night, you expect air conditioning, especially on 30’C days.

The room was absolutely boiling hot even though we left our ‘air conditioning’ on as cold as possible ALL DAY. By the time we got back to the room, it was hotter than when we left. There was ABSOLUTELY NO, and I mean NO COLD AIR what so ever coming out of the vent.

The staff are nice and the rooms are clean but for the price you pay and when they say air conditioning, you expect it. Would not stay here again.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Brad L

Dear Brad L.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us regarding your stay.
We are very pleased to hear that you found our staff nice and the rooms to your liking.
Regarding the heat, Bergen experienced a very unusual heatwave this summer, and unfortunately we weren't as prepared for it as we could have been. We are looking at better solutions to deal with these potensial challenges for the future.
We apologize for this bad experience, but still hope to see you again in the future so we can make it up to you.

Reviewed July 25, 2018

Arriving in Bergen after a 7 hour train ride from Oslo, I had made my way to a Hotel (not this Hotel) I had booked on line, only to find that my room was absolutely terrible, the room was tiny, single bed, unclean and very dirty, basin in the ensuit was falling off the wall, the lock on the door was inoperable. My room was on the 5th floor, the elevator only went to the 4th floor.........you get the picture.
I decided pretty quickly that I would search for another Hotel, TripAdvisor located the Magic Hotel Xhibition. After making my way across, I explained my situation to the Hotel reception, Christopher could not have been any more helpful, he was very polite and very efficient. He found me a room and at a good price. I spent 4 nights at the Hotel Xhibition and was very impressed. The rooms were very comfortable, very clean and tidy and all hotel Staff were extremely helpful and very professional. The Hotel has a Supermarket in the basement area and a full range of specialty shops, coffee shops and also a chemist on the premises. Very central to the Bryggen area, only a 5 minute walk away.
Highly recommend this Hotel.

Room tip: All Hotel rooms are on the Western side of the building over two floors
Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Barry E,
thank you so much for your great review and detailed feedback, we really appreciate it!
We're so happy to hear that you found our staff and especially Christoffer helpful - we will be sure to pass the feedback on to him!
Furthermore we're also glad you found the location and rooms of our hotel to your liking.
We hope to welcome you back to stay with us in the future!

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

I stayed at Magic Hotel Xhibition for 3 nights. I arrived early from the airport after a long travel. When I asked if there could be a chance to check in early the staff were super service minded and allowed me to check in around noon, even though the check in time is 3pm.

The room I got was not very clean; lots of hair in the bathroom, fingermarks and dusty surfaces. The floor heating in the bathroom did not work.

The next morning I told the staff about the floor heating and they immediately explored the option to find another room for me. Great customer service! The new room I got was much better; a bit cleaner and the bathroom floor heating worked the way it should.

If you want to stay downtown, close to the main square and right by the light rail stop this is a very good choice. On top of the great location you will most likely meet friendly staff which will work hard to provide you with a high level of customer service to ensure that you are taken well care of when you stay there.

I recommend this hotel! The only thing I have to say is that the overall quality of cleaning would need to be addressed, other than that - you cannot go wrong booking your stay at Magic Hotel Exhibition.

Thank you.

Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear StainawarijaR,

thank you for taking the time to provide us with such detailed feedback about your
stay. We really appriciate your kind words about our staff, we work hard to give our guests the best experience possible!
We're also glad you found our location convenient.

Furthermore we are very sorry to hear that several things -including the cleaning, throughout your stay did not meet your
expectations. Please note that your concerns have been passed on to our housekeeping
management.

We do hope this doesn't affect your choice of hotel next time you are in Bergen, as we hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed July 15, 2018

We stayed in the Magic Hotel for 5 nights. The hotel was centrally located and the staff was very good. It's a bit of a strange hotel however. It's located within a shopping mall - the front desk is in the mall itself. The rooms were small, there were few amenities - i.e. there was no fridge, no microwave, no kettle. Breakfast was not included and aside from a coffee shop on the main floor, there was no place for meals or breakfast on site. You could go down the elevator, through part of the mall to the front desk to pick up a free coffee however. The hotel was also fairly costly by Canadian standards - but probably in line with that of other hotels in Bergen

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear George P,
thank you for your review, we really appreciate it!

We're very glad to hear that you had a good experience with our lovely staff, as we do our best to make our guests feel at home.
As you mention our hotel doesn't include breakfast and has few amenities in the rooms, but we do have kettles to lend from the reception and if you do stay with us again we would be more than happy to provide you with information and tips of where to eat your first meal of the day!

We hope to see you again in the future!