All reviews bergen airport an early morning flight one night block walk terminal building a short minute walk breakfast buffet after midnight room price an overnight stay deli meats family room up to date light rail great breakfast rooms are nice comfy bed
Selected filters
Reviewed April 10, 2019

Clean, quiet, no restaurant, restaurant across the street in other hotel, limited opening hours. Sent supper back because it was served cold.
Hotel is due to be refreshed and need upgrade
Shuttle to airport available

Date of stay: March 2019
1  Thank dennisjames
erlendflunde, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Bergen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2019

Hi Dennis,

I think you have rated the wrong hotel?

Comfort Hotel Bergen Airport does have a restaurant! We do not have shuttle, and the reason for that is the short 2 minute walk to the airport. Our hotel was opened on February 28th 2017 so it does certainly not need an upgrade.

Would you be so kind to change your review to the correct hotel?

Erlend F. Lunde

Reviewed February 19, 2019 via mobile

The best thing about the hotel is walking distance to the airport. The rooms are brand new and looks okay, but still gives me a slightly claustrophobic feeling. Quite disappointed not to find a fridge in the room. The breakfast offered all I wanted and more. Reception staff were friendly and accommodating.

Trip type: Traveled on business
erlendflunde, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Bergen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2019

Hi!

Thanks for your very good feedback!
Comfort Hotel is a selected service brand, and to make the stay easy on your wallet we have skipped some things such as minibars, fridge and room service. Instead we welcome you down to our hub: the Barception and lobby.

Welcome back next time you need a room near the airport!

Have a nice day!

Reviewed February 15, 2019

I am a socially conscious person. I do my part to take care of the environment. I recycle every possible item I use, and I am conservative with my use of water. However, when I pay $200+ dollars for a hotel room when I am on vacation, I would like to have a clean towel to dry myself off with and I would like to have my soiled sheets changed. I don’t want to feel guilty about it. I was surprised to see the newest guilt-inducing policy at the Comfort Inn in Bergen, Norway. If I will clean the room myself instead of having the staff do it, the hotel will donate some money to help save children from trafficking. Oh, man, now I really feel guilty. The problem is, I don’t know how much money the hotel is donating on my behalf. Maybe it’s only a dollar, and they have tricked me into cleaning the room myself so they don’t have to hire a full staff. Do I have a choice? Probably yes, I can ask them to clean the room anyway and I will donate an appropriate amount to the anti-trafficking charity myself (which I already do, by the way…). I think it’s great that Comfort Inn wants to help children around the world, but can’t they do it without cutting the staff? I think it would be wonderful if they would say, “Thank you for paying a lot of money to stay in our hotel. As a thank you, we are going to donate money to help save children from trafficking”. I would be more inclined to book a hotel who did that. But I still want my room cleaned.

Now that I’ve vented, here is what I thought of the room I stayed in: It was a typical Norwegian hotel room, which means it was very small (just barely enough room to walk past the bed without bumping into the wall or the desk). But they are all like that, so it was OK. The room was decorated beautifully and it was very clean. The location was perfect, just a 3-4 minute walk to the airport departure area. The toiletries were standard dispenser items (hand soap and shower gel/shampoo), they had a nice fragrance and they did the job. It would be nice to have a dispenser of lotion too, but I have never seen that in a Norwegian hotel. One thing confused me: A sign on the bathroom mirror said, “Drink more water. Our tap water is free, clean and drinkable”. Wonderful! Norway has amazing clean water. But there was nothing to drink it with. Not a glass of any kind in the room. But they couldn’t use glass because it would have to be cleaned, and they aren’t cleaning the rooms now. And they can’t use plastic because that pollutes the environment. So I had a nice cold drink of water from the tap using my hand to slurp it into my mouth. Now isn’t that a nice touch.

Would I stay in this hotel again? Absolutely, if I had an early flight in Bergen and didn’t have a car. But would I stay here for vacation. No, probably not.

1  Thank mamablue

Hi there,

Thanks for your review!

You can always get a fresh towel at the Barception and we clean your room at request. We also change your sheets if you stay longer than 3 days. Other than that it seems like you enjoyed the style of our hotel, and I am glad to hear that.

I actually agree with you on one thing: our hotel is perfect for business or when travelling to/from Bergen, but for the long vacations I would suggest you to check out one of our other Nordic Choice Hotels in the city centre.

PS! If you stayed with us now you would find glasses in the room to drink water!

Reviewed February 12, 2019 via mobile

My mother and I stayed at this hotel after our flight into Bergen got in around midnight. We were able to walk to the hotel from the airport (it is right across the street) and we had a speedy check in and headed straight to bed. The beds were very comfy and cozy! The breakfast that was included was good and it had great coffee. Very happy with our stay even if it was just meant to be a quick place to crash before headed to Bergen town centre the next morning!

Trip type: Traveled with family
erlendflunde, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Bergen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2019

Hi!

Thanks for your very good feedback!
Welcome back!

Reviewed February 4, 2019

Comfort Hotel is just a few minutes walk from the airport. Very convenient as we had an early morning flight to catch to Paris.

Breakfast was included in the room price and it was pretty decent with a good variety of options (much more than what you can find in the similar hotels in USA).

The rooms were a little small to my liking but was clean and modern.

We had only the carry on luggage with us so it was easy for us to walk to the hotel. I am not sure if the hotel provides any transport if you have large suitcases or if you can take the airport trolley to the hotel. Please check with the hotel about this.

There are buses and trains right outside the airport (or 3 mins walk from the hotel) to the Bergen City Center. It is about 20 mins by the bus or 40 mins by train. If you are traveling by bus, do not buy the tickets at the kiosk. Buy the tickets directly from the driver of the bus.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
erlendflunde, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Bergen Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2019

Hi!

Thanks for your super awesome feedback!

To answer your question: we don not offer transportation, but you can take the airport trolley to the hotel.

Welcome back!