“Not too bad for a Norwegian Indian”
Review of Maharaja

Maharaja
Ranked #179 of 404 Restaurants in Bergen
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vågen
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We turned up and had reasonable service, we asked what she recommended but had only worked there for a few days but she was honest.
I ordered a Rogan Josh and my girl had a Chicken Masala. The masala was a little on the cold side but edible. The rice really looked like grated cheese! But again it tasted ok.
Prices are quite high.
Would I go back...? If we got invited then yes... But I wouldn't on my own choice.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

The food is OK, but staff are very rude and unhospitable. Not at all acceptable quality of behaviour. So, go to this restaurant if you are starving to death. The Arati India restaurant is really good. You can try that instead of Maharaja.

2  Thank myselfHyderabad
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Very busy on a Friday night when I visited. Service was fine. As ever the Norwegian prices are eye watering when you are not used to it. Popadums to start with but they were not fresh. Spicy onions were hot - heat hot and spicy hot. Curry was run of the mill and I suppose as someone used to UK prices I was expecting more as the main course cost around £20. Would I go back - probably not to be honest. In fairness the place was lovely and clean so it was OK.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Bad service, food just ok, little too oily, great location. We stayed in Bergen for 5 days, never went back!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Best Indian food in Bergen.
Reasonable priced, huge portions of food.
Rice, Dal, Chicken were amazing.

5/5 for this restaurant. Located within 5 mins walk from the Fish market and Bay Area.