“Harrowing and Quaint!”

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Harrowing and Quaint!”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Wow- if you like cool drives - don't miss this one. My husband drove and although I'm pretty adventurous, there were times I had to hold my hand over my eyes. Very narrow winding road, had to back up a couple of time to let other pass coming from the other direction! We rented a car at the airport (we arrived Molde on a cruise ship) and found it quite easy to find where we needed to go to get to the road. The path was absolutely beautiful and includes a ferry ride with the car! We really fealt like we got to see the quintessential fjord country interior. Look out for Trolls- Just do it! At the top is a very nice visitor station with waterfalls!

Visited June 2013

• Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A walk on the wild side....”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

For something different, walk down! I got the bus to the top of Trollstigen, walked around the viewing platforms etc, then walked back down very carefully.....there wasnt a lot of traffic at the time. The bus driver agreed to pick me up at the restaurant half way back to Andalsnes 5 hours later. It was amazing walking back down.....you appreciate just how steep the road is, and the views for taking photos are insane!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank a65r
“Nice Scenery”
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Norway is a worth to visit country.The scenery are really so nice.I like the scenery there so much and really make me so enjoy and relax.

London, United Kingdom
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Not for the faint hearted!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Having come up The Eagle Road, the only wasy back down was the Trollstigen, 11 hairpin bends on a very narrow road having you questioning wether this was a good idea, but it is fantastic and well worth the drive.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank FifiD_london
Jersey, United Kingdom
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Troll on the Troll Road”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We were on a tour from Alesund. The stop at the top of the road with the 3 viewing plateforms were fantastic with incredible views. I can get vertigo but felt entirely secure. The archticture of the restaurant and gift shop was new and our guide also told us the story of the new wash basins in the men's loos and how too many men mistake them for urinals, worth checking out to make up your own mind. Astonishingly there was a man standing nearby who could only be described as a troll, with long silver hair and a very long beard (unless it was Santa on his summer holidays!) It all added to the atmosphere!! Unfortunately he turned around before I could get a photo so you will just have to believe me.
The drive down the 11 hairpin bends was amazing and felt totally safe with the local driver.
Near the bottom there is a layby and you can pull up and take your photos from below to match all the ones taken from above.
Further down the road we stopped at a resort for a fabulous Norweigan buffet which meant we could have the full experience of this wonderful area.

Visited August 2013