“Trondheim, special, welcoming, don't miss it !!”
Review of Trondheim

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Cork, Ireland
598 helpful votes
“Trondheim, special, welcoming, don't miss it !!”
Reviewed August 26, 2010

A gorgeous compact Norwegian city with easy access to all of Norway.
If you get the opportunity to visit this gem then grab it.

There are daily flights from Oslo and Copenhagen.
it is a beautifully compact city with easy navigation on foot or by hiring one of the many city bikes available.

Lots of shops and restaurants there to choose from. Nidaros Cathedral is an absolute MUST VISIT and I recommend the guided tour to get maximum enjoyment from this amazing architectural masterpiece.

The beautiful park known as the Marina is just the place to visit on a warm dry day.
The locals are laid back and friendly and the feel of the city is welcoming and comfortable.

I will not forget my trip there in a hurry.

My main reason for travelling to this part of the world was to hike in the Trollheimen area (two hours away). if you would like to read my thread on this - here it is:

I would love to go back at the earliest opportunity.

Thank you Norway.

5 Thank Bryno
Warwickshire
27 helpful votes
“I would live here given half a chance!”
Reviewed October 26, 2007

In December 2006 we visited Trondheim for a few hours on our Hurtigruten voyage and I fell in love with the place, I can't really put my finger on why, just the atmosphere, the architecture, the views and the people. We walked down by the warehouses and around the grounds of the cathedral, then back through the shops.

My first impressions didn't fade and when we visited Are in Sweden in March 2007 we decided to get the train to Trondheim and spend a bit more time there. The journey was stunning through the mountains, over plateaus and down into the fjords.

We arrived at Trondheim station which was a lovely building and well organised. We then spent the day walking around, back to the waterfront where we had a very nice lunch at Pepe Pizza (enormous portions!). We properly visited the cathedral which was stunning and definately worth it! We walked back tot eh station via the waterfront and were amazed by the beautiful boats that were moored there.

I'm still not sure why I love Trondheim so much, but if given the opportunity I would seriously consider living there!

4 Thank December_snowdrift

Been to Trondheim? Share your experiences!