“A hidden gem”
Review of Vida Restaurant

Vida Restaurant
Ranked #140 of 271 Restaurants in Trondheim
Cuisines: Vietnamese, Norwegian
Description: Vida Restaurant is a Vietnamese restaurant on Vår Frues Strete 3 in Trondheim (Behind the church «Vår Frues kirke»). We serve Vietnamese cuisine, Asian stir-fry dishes, and traditional Norwegian dishes. We are open Monday-Saturday 11-23 and Sundays 14-20 (we also serve Buffet on Sundays).
Trondheim, Norway
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I'm so happy I found this place. I was missing a good Vietnamese restaurant in this town. The owner says they have been there for four years - I can't believe I didn't go earlier!

I ordered #49 (Bun, cha, thit nuong), which is a rice noodle salad served with grilled pork and a spring roll. I recognised the name of the dish from a previous Vietnamese place I visited (in Canada). It was even more delicious than I remembered. I will be back, for sure. If all the dishes are as good as the one I tried, this place will be in my top three for Trondheim.

Apparently, the location used to belong to a café called "Park Kafeen", visited by an elderly clientele. It's presumably to avoid upsetting this crowd that they serve traditional Norwegian cuisine (pea mash and such) in addition to Vietnamese dishes.

• Visited May 2014