Open today: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Review Highlights
Classic

Has been here forever, in the heart of Bymarka. Splendid starting point for skiing and walking... read more

Reviewed April 23, 2017
Tore A
Trondheim, Norway
Go for hot chocolate and waffles

Reviewed January 14, 2017
johnpetter
Terrak, Norway

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Trondheim
from $55.00
from $56.67
from $89.54
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 8, 2017

I got this option from the Trondheim Tourist office about fun activities to do outside Trondheim.

hundekjoring@gmail.com

Dog mushing near the top of mount Skistua where the locals go skiing.
From the centre of the town take bus number 10 to near the end, after the second car park, one stop after - the bus driver can help, yes they all speak English.

The guy John is from Australia - yes an Aussie who runs this service mainly for school children but you can book it privately. His 12 year old son also helps out and they are just out of this world super friendly.

They serve traditional Norwegian coffee, you bring sausage and they will cook on their fire.
They supply the ski clothes / suits and then John or his son will take you on the sledge with the dogs - set routes and off the beaten track - then you are left to whizz around yourself.
They also have ski shoes for walking on the snow - 30 - 60 cms deep - that is an amazing experience.

The charge is 3500krs for the day - that is for the whole group.
The experience is amazing, the people are outstanding and as a surprise present for my partner it was something we always remember with fun.

The booking details for John

hundekjoring@gmail.com

Date of experience: March 2016
Reviewed January 14, 2017

Every time I am back in Trondheim, I have to stop by Skistua. When I grew up I skied at "Gråkallen" at least every weekend from I was 8. We always stopped in for a hot drink and maybe a waffle or a "pølse" hot dog. Fantastic place to visit, especially when it snows

Date of experience: December 2016
Reviewed March 27, 2016

A nice palce to stop for a warm coffee/chocolate and have a waffel on a break of a hike or crosscountry tour :)

Date of experience: January 2016
Reviewed March 15, 2016

Skistua is the place and building everybody in Trondheim has a relation to. A place for everybody between 0 and 100 years. By taking the bus nr. 10 you get there. (end station) The start point to our beloved "Bymarka".

Date of experience: March 2016
Reviewed March 29, 2015

Skistua is nicely styled. If you find a place to sit close to the fire or in the sofa, it's even cosy. They offer a good choice of cakes and wafles, and that makes it a good place to take a coffe break after a hike in Bymarka. The view from the terrace is great. The staff is very friendly.

Date of experience: March 2015