“Entertaining, but slow”

TGI Friday's
Ranked #216 of 267 Restaurants in Trondheim
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The famous restaurant chain finally comes to Trondheim! Open in Nordre gt. 11 in the heart of the city centre medio June 2012.
“Entertaining, but slow”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

We were a bunch of collegues that went there for a thursday night. It took quite a while to get the food, but while waiting We enjoyed a couple of bitrhday singings from the staff. The food tasted good, but the jack daniels sauce was too sweet for my taste.

“Ok salad thats it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

I had the buffalo spicy salad and although the actual salad was pretty lousy the combination between the very spicy sauce they had on the chicken and the salad was a very nice combo. I would avoid the very fatty "garlic" bread that had no garlic on and (which was replaced by butter). Free wi-fi isa nice and it was pretty fast.

“Excellent service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Average food, but the service was excellent. I had a great time, mainly because everyone who worked there made me feel welcomed and appreciated!

• Visited November 2012
“4? Not good enough..”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

TGI have terrible reviews in Trondheim, but we thought we should give them a try. We tried to book a table for 4 persons on the online booking, the option 4 persons and time, book! But got an email back "we do not take reservations under 6 persons. Come by and see if we have something available". This is the first time i ever have ever been rejected by a restaurant because we are "only" 4 person's. I will not go to a restaurant where i can't reserve a table for special occasions because 4 person's isn't good enough for a reservation at TGI. Tgi should remove optional number of persons on online booking!

Trondheim, Norway
“Well, maybe they're improving”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Terrible reviews of this new restaurant so far... My family has been waiting eagerly for them to open as we have been to TGIF in other cities and really loved it. Now, we went there yesterday, I ordered the baby back rib, two others the JD rib and one the chicken fajita. Service was quick and pleasant. Drinks arrived right away and refills (free) were suggested several times during the meal. We waited normally long for the main dishes to arrive. The dishes met our expectations, or almost. I think my baby back rib looked a bit boring when it arrived, cant' explain it any better. Expected a more glazed or fresh appearance, maybe. However it all tasted delicious. The restaurant played the normal pop music you can find in any TGIF but not as loud as other places - which I personally think is great, as I like to be able to talk normally to my party. The environment isn't entirely in place - it is somewhat too sterile, there are too few gadgets, signposts, colours etc. on the walls, ... it simply still is too similar to any other restaurant. Our general impression was ok, and I think the staff are really trying to straighten up the first impression of the place. Let's give them a little more time.

• Visited November 2012