“Breakfast something to look forward to”

Clarion Hotel & Congress Trondheim
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Trondheim
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Second stay here within a few months. I have stayed in 50+ hotels the last 6-7 years and what is always important for me (besides the obvious; clean rooms, nice serviceminded staff etc.) is the breakfast.

At Clarion they have a 'well above the average breakfast'. Lot's of organic products, nice presentation and always enough of everything. Staff is invisible and keeps the tables clean.

I always try to find something to look forward to and here it is waking up and head downstairs for the breakfast.

Only small room for improvement: more coffea to choose from.

Only Clarion with better breakfast: Clarion Collection Hotel Folketeatret in Oslo center - but hey that's not in Trondheim :)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael M
There are newer reviews for Clarion Hotel & Congress Trondheim

Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights as part of a business trip. Nice, new hotel with a great view from the Sky Bar. Breakfast is amazing, service is very friendly. Walking distance fron City center.. Next time .. Clarion H&C for me..

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Being a seasoned world traveller and Norwegian citizen working in Norway with a certain amount of annual nights in Norwegian conference hotels, the staff of this hotel is palpably more attentive, interested, pleasant and accommodating than the average. It is apparent that they are well trained, granted a high level of "power of attorney" and working in a healthy environment. I felt personally recognized and had a few laughs and jokes with the Clarion crew. Excuisitly and interestingly designed, the hotel is located a short walk from the centre of Trondheim and has a pleasant outdoor area facing the harbour. The roof terrace is wonderful. Traveling with children, we enjoyed Saturday morning in the huge water park next door. We were there for a family gathering, facilities for our formal activities were excellent. The breakfast is outstanding. The rooms are small but well designed and clean. Norwegian conference hotels have in general an issue with dinner food quality, in this case no sensational experience however in the category "good". It is not the fault of the staff that prices for food and (alcoholic) drink are horrendous, we brought, by experience, our own "topping up" wine supply we had in our room- so sad the industry has not realized that if they offer reasonable prices guests will buy more from the bar instead of drinking pocketed booze. I guess all this is regulated, and it is a common phenomena seen in all Norwegian hotels.
All in all, a great choice in Trondheim if you can afford it.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We checked in late after a long drive, and our room was a dream! The bed was super comfy and the pillows (that they have in all Clarion hotels) were divine. Our room was clean and tidy, with different quotes printed on the mirror, the window, and the leg of the chair. I thought that was a very clever touch :)

The breakfast was MUCH better than Norway's best breakfast at Rica Nidelven, and the atmosphere was really lovely. There was a dedicated omelet chef, a very varied buffet of greens, meat, cheeses, bread and cereals, as well as a hot buffet. And of course I could make my own wafles if I wanted to. It was actually so good, that I decided to extend my stay to have it one more time :)

The staff was very welcoming and helpful, and they have city bikes you can borrow, and this is really convenient because the hotel is located at some distance from the city centre.

The only negative thing I have to say, is that when I took a shower, the water ended up all over the bathroom floor. But that's really not that big of a deal.

I'll definitely be coming back here!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Stig H, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Congress Trondheim, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Dear Ingrid S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this nice review. I am glad you enjoyd our breakfast, hotel and that the staff made you feel welcome.
Hope to see you soon, and welcome back to Clarion Hotel Trondheim.

Best Regards, Stig Hillestad
General Manager,

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This Hotel in my favorite hotel in Trondheim and one of my favorite here in Norway, this one is New, the entire Place, interior, everything! Lets start With the Lobby, it`s very modern, very classy, hugeee and the interior design is great! If you love Music, this is the Perfect Place for you to stay, DJ`s from all over the world come here to play their Music. No Wonder they have this advertisement called " Clarion Loves Music" and Rockheim is about 50 m away. (Rockheim is Norway’s national museum of pop and rock music.)

Skyline Bar & Restaurant
Beautiful views over Trondheim Fjords!!! This Place is amazing, best retaurant in Trondheim indeed! Food is fantastic, be prepared with the price though because I promise you it`s not going to be cheap! They have great selection With wines With amazing price of nearly Kr 200 per glass! If you want to impress Your girlfriend, wife, or who ever you want to impress, take her here, she will love the Place.

The room, well, the first time I was here I was With my sister and Nephew for a weekend city break, the room we had was "OK" clean, it was fine..
2nd time I was here, I came from a Meeting and missed the boat home!!! So I stayed here, and since I arrieved at around 23:30 and was so tired since the Meeting I had was in Brussels, ask them to gave me room where I can see the Ocean so that I can enjoy it when I Wake up in the morning, they gave me the Perfect room...
Theres absolutely no wrong With this hotel except the price at the skyline Bar and restaurant, but again, this is Norway!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear JulieAmor30,

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and our service.

Hope to see you again soon, welcome back!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very cool hotel in a nice location! Worth visiting just to look around. Had lunch at the roof terrace and enjoyed the great view. Good food, but the menu was rather limited...a few more choices wouldn't hurt. Service was perfectly ok.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Stig H, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Congress Trondheim, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Dear KoogleMoogle,

Thank you for staying at Clarion Hotel & Congress Trondheim and thank you for taking the time to write this nice review! We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and our service.

Welcome back!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Clarion Hotel & Congress is the perfect place to spend one or more nights in. With children you have the opportunity to visit the adventure-bath "Pirbadet" which is right next door. It´s great both for children and adults. The staff is extremely nice and helpful. Their flexibility is outstanding. I never heard them say "no". The breakfast is one of a kind and also the bar/restaurant with a fantastic terrace on the top floor.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms high up.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Stig H, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Congress Trondheim, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear Karin K,

Thank you for taking the time to write this great review, and for staying at Clarion Hotel & Congress Trondheim! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and our service. Welcome back!