“Spanish Tapas--My Best Meal in Norway”

Bakgaarden Bar og Spiseri
Ranked #9 of 285 Restaurants in Trondheim
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Tapas restaurant with focus on local produce, with a nice and cozy atmosphere. Good selection of wines and local beer and a staff with a smile.
Reviewed June 16, 2013

What a great meal we had here! Our server was helpful and patient as our group placed our order. In a country where eating out is anything but cheap, we felt we received excellent value for our money here, including the delicious cava.

2  Thank Urbanfarmchick

Reviewed May 14, 2013

In my view, this restaurant presents some of the best tapas that I have ever experienced. The tapas here are almost presented in a fine dining format minus the pretense. Six different cleverly crafted tapas menus are offered for two persons, all with very well matched dishes and significantly more than ample in quantity. Alternatively, you can choose your own individual dishes in true tapas style. The choice of wine is excellent and both owners are qualified sommeliers and very friendly and helpful. The restaurant is open 7 days a week from about 11am to late. The restaurant is modern, comfortable and very cozy. This place was so good, we visited it more than once during our stay in Trondheim and will return there when we next visit. Highly recommended and deserves to be moved to no. 1 on Tripadvisor.

2  Thank Beamer23
Reviewed May 12, 2013

At first I was a bit skeptic. The restaurant had a "hip" feeling to it, and not in a good way. The music was way to stressfull and reminded me of the start of the evening at the local club.

When we got seated we selected from the set menu. Since I am allergic to shellfish the substituted a couple of the dishes, great service!

When the food arrived the table it looked great, the vaiter had great knowledge about the food and made the experience even better. An excellent wine was suggested by the same vaiter and we had a meal easy to reccomend to others.

1  Thank Mikal_v
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I had a really good experience eating at Bakgården Bar og Spiseri. The food was really good, and I love how they use fresh ingredients from local suppliers. The service was excellent, and the atmosphere was wonderful. I will most definetly come again.

1  Thank Miea_H
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is a really cosy place, and has a great back yard that will be lovely in the summertime. It was too cold for sitting outside when I was there, but it was nice inside as well. The staff was friendly, and they had a good choice of wines in glass. The tapas were all in all very good - something for every taste, I guess. The desserts were not that great. One person in the party complained about it, and got a new one right away. The Irish coffee was nothing to write home about - it looked like a caffe-latte, and didn't taste quite right. All in all, a nice and cosy place to visit when in Trondheim. It was early evening when we were there, and the restaurant was almost full, so it is obviously a popular place.

1  Thank Ragnhild