“Really Garden and Royal lives upto its name and goes up...”

Radisson Blu Royal Garden Hotel, Trondheim
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Trondheim
Chennai (Madras), India
“Really Garden and Royal lives upto its name and goes up...”
Reviewed April 29, 2011

Went for business for a week and half. Nice hotel, One of the best location at the bank of river... you feel on top of river from one of a river-view room. Also can view the rotating-egon-restaurant (Highest tower in Trondheim) from your room if you take the right room along with Nidelva... Great Breakfast and nice sauna... pool... gym needs some improvement (the phone was not working there at the time of my visit). Overall good hotel and has nice location, good people and services... Also you can ask for bicycles at the reception to roam around the city on your own...

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Marthe H, Sales manager at Radisson Blu Royal Garden Hotel, Trondheim, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear mkjindal,

We are more than happy to receive such a pleasant comments.

Please feel free to visit us anytime in the future.

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
vadodara
Reviewed October 15, 2010

We have 3 days conferance at this hotel. It was very nice hotel and excellent services. We have enjoy their best food every day and night. we love this hotel. If you are in Trindheim you must visit this hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Dear Zannir,

Thank you very much for your pleasant comments.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay that much.

Please feel free to visit us anytime in the future.

Skien
Reviewed July 6, 2010

I have stayed in this hotel on a regular basis, as my company has an agreement with the chain. My preferences here are a businessroom with an outdoor window. In most cases the hotel downgrades to a normal room. Be aware, most of the rooms are facing the hot and noisy atrium with no fresh air. The cooling system at the hotel broke down years ago.
I have a goldpointsplus card at the gold level, but this is ignored by all Radisson Blu hotels in Norway. My recommendation in Trondheim will be the Britannia Hotel, with their fantastic spa.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Tromso, Norway
Reviewed April 14, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights, and were not overly pleased with it. When we first arrived we were given a nice room facing the river - but sadly we had to move immediately because there were some trouble with some faulty wireing, or something.

The next room we were given was straight up awful: It was not cleaned properly, there were rubbish in the dustbin and the bed was so old that we kept rolling towards the middle of it and had to fight our way out of the pit. Somewhat amusing in hindsight, but seriously not what we paid for.

Time to move for the third time... The third and final room was a nice, really - if not for the fact that the window was an indoor one, the A/C copped out and for the rest of our stay we had no air in our room. How much of a problem could that be - in Norway - really? Well, the area experienced a considerable heat-wave that week, and the room felt like a Finnish sauna.

Breakfast: Average. The hotel must have been fully booked that week, because every morning, no matter what time we tried, the breakfast restaurant was full. Quite stressfull, really.

The location in fine, but there are better hotels in town in the same price range. I think I will choose one of those next time.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Bavaria
Reviewed March 31, 2010

I stayed for 2 nights on a business trip and would go there again. This hotel was recently renamed from Radisson SAS to Radisson Blu. The hotel is well located within walking distance to the town and directly at the river port font. It is a quite place to stay to relax after a working day. I found the room and particularly the carpets in the stair casing a bit "worn out", but nevertheless all was clean. All staff and reception were very friendly. The rooms significantly deviate from each other. Apparently there are plenty of rooms with window to the inner court only, i.e. without window to real ambient air. I was lucky as I got a room with a window to the river port. The shower is just a bath tube and is not well suitable for tall people. I appreciated the free wireless internet access.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank ppuake
Newfoundland, Canada
Reviewed March 29, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for a week while on business in Trondheim. Based on the reviews I read on this site, I was a little apprehensive, but I believe I must have received a room in the renovated part of the hotel. The room was very clean and large with a king size bed. I had a nice view of the river and the room was cleaned every day. The room has a fully stocked mini bar, free wireless internet, iron and ironing board, safe, and individual heat and A/C controls. The only negative comment I have it with regards to the heating system. The power to the room requires your card to be entered into a slot when you enter the room. So when you leave the power to your room is cut. As a result when you return to your room in the evening it is freezing. Also, the bed has a fancy lighting system built into the headboard. The only way to shut it off is to cut the power to the room, which obviously cuts the power to the heat. So I found that I would wake in the middle of the night frozen and have to turn on the power to heat up the room. This hotel includes a free buffet breakfast, which has a pretty good selection, however it can get quite busy. The food at the Galleriat bar is pretty good, but a little expensive, like most things in Norway. There is a taxi stand right outside, so there is never a wait for a taxi. I used the hotel fitness center a few times, it isn't that great, but will suffice, it is open until 10pm. I will be staying here again on my next trip to Trondheim.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Dear edmb,

Thank you very much for the taking the time to share your comments.

The hotel is undergoing an extensive renovation and the AC-system is one the list of improvement.

Please do not hesitate to visit us again in the future.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed February 3, 2010

I stayed in Trondheim for business meetings and an interview. I'd been to Trondheim several times before -- I've stayed at other hotels and with friends, so am very familiar with Trondheim. The location is wonderful; right on the river and within walking distance to everything.
However, the room was disappointing. It was not posh at all and quite cramped and there was view whatsoever from our room. Quite expensive. Parking was somewhat painful, although the staff I interacted with were very professional and pleasant. The breakfast was OK, but not as nice as the Rica hotels.
The worst thing during our stay was the pool/fitness area. It was supposedly under renovation, though it appeared no work had been done in some time. The pool was empty and mold was visible from leaks in the roof. The fitness room itself had a view of this and was outdated. If they get the pool area fixed it would move the hotel to "very good" from average.
I would stay there again, but I would prefer to stay at the Rica hotel down the street.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business