All reviews evening buffet waffles included in the price afternoon pancakes extra touches complimentary dinner nice hotel afternoon snack music theme jam and cream dvd player cook your own clarion collection main sites make your own great room blackout curtains
Reviewed September 3, 2018

This hotel is in a nice location in the city, with walking access to parks, the cathedral, and waterfront. We stopped in on a fun little flea market and found some items for souvenirs that you wouldn't find in a souvenir shop. It's also close to a movie theater, which was a nice break from tourism.

The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. Definitely recommend. Parking can be had connected to the hotel (although not part of the hotel property) - it's a garage that captures your license plate as you enter, and then calculates the fee on your way out - very handy.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
CCGrandOlav, Resepsjonssjef at Clarion Collection Grand Olav, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2018

Thank you so much for giving us a review of your stay.

I am glad you liked our location in the middle of Trondheim City and found parking easily.

Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

The rooms are faded glory, no fridge, safe or sufficient lighting. Plus ammenities: Bathrooms are heated, dinner and breakfast included, also make-your-own pancake snacks in-between!

Location is an easy walk from most tourist sites.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
CCGrandOlav, Front Office Manager at Clarion Collection Grand Olav, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2018

Thank you so much for giving us a review of your stay.

I am glad you liked the location in the middle of Trondheim City.
Many of our rooms do have a fridge, ask for this the next time you are staying and we will arrange that.

Reviewed August 7, 2018

The Grand Olav is a good basic hotel in Trondheim. The area immediately adjacent to the hotel is not particularly interesting, and there are no good views from the rooms, but the breakfast buffet is included and is very good. They also include a dinner buffet with adequate food.

The elevator was not working reliably during our stay, which is a matter that management needs to address. Also, very limited parking in the area.

The area south of the hotel in the city along the river up towards the cathedral is very interesting and if you go across the second bridge to the South, there is a very lively area with small shops, restaurants and bars, some of which play live music in the evenings.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hi,

Thank you so much for giving us a review.
We have had full service of the elevator after your stay, and it should be in the best shape now.

Reviewed July 16, 2018

Once we had found our way in (not easy if you go to the wrong entrance!) we were very pleased with the welcome at reception. Car parking was quite a problem and expensive however. The room was fine - clean and a good size. Very nice breakfast but no salmon!! All in all good hotel, conveniently situated to main attractions and downtown.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
CCGrandOlav, Resepsjonssjef at Clarion Collection Grand Olav, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2018

Thank you so much for giving us a review of your stay.
I am glad the staff took good care of you and you liked the room.

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

I ended up staying in this hotel by chance, as the hotel that I was supposed to be booked into was too hot to even contemplate trying to sleep in.

I arrived at the hotel at about 00:25, after first phoning to check that they did have availability.

I explained what had happened at my last hotel and the gentleman on reception booked me in to a room with a window that I could open if it was too hot in the room. He also arranged to fix some food for me, and he also got me something to drink, which he brought outside for me.

He enquired whether my room was suitable and I explained that it was a little warm and that the window only opened slightly. He immediately offered me a different room, which had air conditioning. He even went to the room and switched the air con on and set it to max, whilst I finished off my food and drink.

The room that I stayed in was reasonably large, with 2 large armchairs and a small table. There was also a desk, with a chair, and a large screen T.V. that was on a bracket so that the viewing angle could be adjusted.

The price of the room included, a good breakfast, with lots of choice, an afternoon sweets and an evening meal.

Given how late I checked in on the first night, and the fact that I was only there for 2 nights, I only had 1 opportunity to sample the afternoon sweets and the evening meal.

Well as far as the afternoon sweets were concerned, I never got to find out what they were like. It was supposed run from 15:00 until 18:00, but when I arrived, at 16:50, there was nothing there. When I enquired with reception I was told that they had cleared it away in time for the eveing meal, which ran from 18:00 until 21:00.

Whilst I appreciate that they do need to clear things away to make room for the evening meal, they should not advertise it as running until 18:00, if it has already been cleared away at 16:50.

As for the evening meal, whilst I assume this does change, possibly on a daily basis, the night that I was there, the only food on offer was salad, all of which had a dressing included. As I do not like salad dressing, I decided to eat elsewhere.

Overall, the hotel is nice and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The only downside was the afternoon sweets not being available, more than an hour before they were due to stop serving, and the lack of choice for the evening meal.

Trip type: Traveled solo
CCGrandOlav, Resepsjonssjef at Clarion Collection Grand Olav, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review of your stay.
Good and personal service is our absolutely main focus, so I am glad to hear that the staff took good care of you.

Regarding the afternoon sweet I will check with the kitchen staff what happend, this should always be available from 1500-1800.

We hope to get the chance to welcome you back again sometime soon.