“Nice charming restaurant, a bit expensive, but worth it.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of AiSuma

AiSuma
Ranked #13 of 264 Restaurants in Trondheim
Cuisines: Italian, European, Scandinavian, Norwegian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: We serve food inspired by the Italian kitchen and wine that completes the meal. Enjoy a meal in Trondheim's oldest warehouse.
Oslo, Norway
“Nice charming restaurant, a bit expensive, but worth it.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had dinner on a Saturday evening. And a small advice; don't go here without a reservation. It is a popular place, not a drop-in restaurant. The waiters are all very effective and smiling. But I think they could have been some more. When all the tables were filled up, we sometime had to wait quite some time in order to get contact with "our" waiter. The restaurant it self is a nice place in an old wooden house by the river Nidelva, but with some modern interior, a lot of lights and special effects. I find the place charming, with it's own style. The food is nice, we had lamb and fish and all the dishes where prepared just as we wanted. Nice wine, dessert and coffee. Someone might find it a bit expensive, but compared to other restaurants it was as we expected. The only thing we could complain about, was that heat in the room. It has an open kitchen in the middle where three or four chefs are preparing the food. And that also increased the heat, in addition to smell and smoke from time to time. I think they should have renewed the exhaust fan system. But besides that, we had a lovely evening and I am sure we will be back!

• Visited July 2013

Manchester, United Kingdom
“As a solo business traveler, I'm conflicted”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

As a solo business traveler, I'm conflicted. On the positive side, it is beautiful... a lovely view of the water, with rustic wood interiors, but modern & eclectic furnishings. When traveling alone, I rarely feel so comfy. The food (the little that I got) was delicious... but that takes me to the negative...

First and foremost, I do not consider myself cheap. I will happily spend quite a deal of money on a good meal... it's one of life's greater joys afterall. And, granted, I expected Norway to be expensive. But, I disagree with the reviewers that felt this was a well priced option. I ordered two appetizers (which is usually enough for me): the scallops and the mushroom ravioli. The scallop dish consisted of two very small scallops and the ravioli was two equally small pillows. This alone was over $40 and I was far from satiated. Add in the two (small) glasses of the house red wine, and my total bill was over $60 (excluding tip). Even after having spent over 4+ years in London, I felt this was a bit much. Adding insult to injury, the service was soooooooo slow, albeit very pleasant. It appeared that my waiter was serving half the entire restaurant, which was not especially small. But kudos to him for all-in-all being very nice.

That said, I'm conflicted. This might be a bigger condemnation on Trondheim than the restaurant, but I still felt it worth of pointing out.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Norway
“Over-cooked and over-priced on over-time”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Posing as Italian, this riverside restaurant is an overblown mediocre fastfood place, but with a painstakingly slow service. Last time around we had the fixed three-course meny and waited more than an hour. The king crab was covered in melted cheese and grilled almost to charcoal. The main fish course drowned in industry sauce. The dessert was a straight panna cotta with berries and a vanilla sauce, the best part of the meal by far. The athmosphere is loud, and somehow charming. The service was apologetic, but inattentive.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Schoten, Belgium
“Must visit place in Trondheim”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Along the river in an old warehouse where the raw wood of the construction is kept visible as much as possible. You step into history and get a modern well prepared meal. Book in advance (online bookings available).

• Visited May 2013
Trondheim, Norway
“A good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Ai Suma delivers! Nice environment, friendly staff and very good food. And, the place isn't ripping you off. Ai Suma would impove into a full score if the tables weren't stacked to densely and if the service were lifted to a little bit more professional level. Tourist in Trondheim? Ai Suma is a very safe bet.

Visited April 2013