“zoo/amusement park”
Review of Dyreparken

Dyreparken
More attraction details
Owner description: Kristiansand Dyrepark is the number one tourist attraction in Norway, attracting close to 1 million visitors each year. It consists of more than 150 different animal species, entertainment, shows, amusement park as well as a seperate water park called Badelandet.
Reviewed August 27, 2014

We seemed to be the only American visitors here; we visited on a Friday at the end of June and the lines were minimal. Zoo exhibits wonderful, rides fun, definitely something you can cover all in one day. We didn't do the water park as the weather was cold.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

This safari/storytelling park is well worth a visit. Plan your visits, our you will miss out - there are events where zookeepers around the park at different times stages meetings with the animals (safely of course) We saw monkeys (and the park's famous Julius) and lions who jumped after horse meat. With a bit of planning you can catch them all. It's not cheap, and the food is far from good - but our overall stay in this park was so wonderful.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

This place is perfect, it have something for everybody. I when`t here as a child, and it was as good as i remember it, and i`m coming again, with my family. This place has so much details, big area for animals, and alot to see. You might use 4-5 hours if you wanna see it all. And FREE baby food is a plus!

Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

We bought a 241 two day ticket at £200 or so for my wife and two children. Anywhere else in the world the young girl at the ticket booth would have been arrested for robbery. Not in Norway. It's just expensive. Plus parking too.

The park is very good. Animals in good environments (for a zoo) and ignoring if you can the moral dilemma of modern day zoos it was fun.

There were 'rides' and play areas dispersed in the park too and we couldn't get through the whole park in our 12-5pm time period we were there so will be using the 2nd day ticket to do the rest, and the water park.

Lunch was good too. No nasty burgers or chicken just pretty good food that we all enjoyed.

2  Thank MarkHippo
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I'm not a huge fan of animal parks, but Dyreparken impressed me. We went there with my close to 4 year old daughter, my husband and myself. We spent 3 days, and didn't have a single boring moment. Some highlights:
- Animals have much space and large enclosures, so it seems like animal welfare is a high priority
- Lots of fun activities for kids in all ages: animals to watch, animals you can touch, Kaptein Sabeltanns world, Kardemommeby, waterpark (separate ticket), and plenty of spots to play.
- Mostly a good selection of food for good value, specially the more traditional Norwegian foods. The buffet at Kjuttavika Vertshus was NOT recommendable, however.
- The distance between animals is quite far, specially for younger kids. You can rent a cart at the park, or bring your own.
- Admission is relatively expensive, but free for kids under 3. I still found it to be worth the money, though

1  Thank Bente Lønnquist B