See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 6, 2019

A nice hotel in the center of Kristiansand next to the dome. I had a room on 5th floor. The room was nice and functual, the bed good. Also nice bathroom with shower. There is a good bistro at the hotel with very nice food. The breakfast was quite good. The staff was also friendly and effective. My only minuses were the two steps to the lobby: icy and with a warning of slippery surface but not done anything about the matter and the main door not opening after 23 without ringing a bell that you do not notice at once.

Room tip: The bells of the dome can probably be heard in all rooms
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed February 4, 2019

I stayed here for 10 days and the staff made sure that I had a good hotel experience.
Service-minded and lovely staff. Good location, near center, restaurants, and bars. Overall a very good hotel experience.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
KristineRav, General Manager at Thon Hotel Parken, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2019

Dear Lissan

First of all, thank you very much for staying with us at Thon Hotel Parken during your time here in Kristiansand.
I am very pleased to know you enjoyed your 10 days stay.

Thank you very much for taking your time to give us this fantastic review.

I hope to be able to welcome you back here at Thon Hotel Parken.

Best regards

Kristine Ravnevand
General manager,
Thon Hotel Parken.

Reviewed October 13, 2018 via mobile

Good location, refurbished, modern and clean decor. Smiling and welcoming reception all in all a good experience. BUT- I would likely have given a 3,5 if possible and let me tell you why. When you stay at a hotel and the criteria above are met were can you impress me? The breakfast was more then adequate but here are some points for the managements consideration - instruct your breakfast staff better, at least the weekend staff - they were smiling and service oriented but lacked some basic skills?
Eggs, soft and hard boiled, if you cook to many they become cold and thereby not serving there purpose- monitor and replace. When cleaning tables, don’t roll a trolly around this gives me the factory feeling - a little bit more work by hand but a much better impression. When breakfast time is over and the cleaning starts don’t start by vacuum under the few people left in the breakfast room and thereby demonstrating that you want them to leave- we know.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2018

I've stayed here for almost two weeks now. It's a brand new hotel, with potential to become a good hotel, but at present, it isn't good enough, at least compared to the price demanded.

Rooms very simple, only three coat hangers in a double room and nowhere to put clothes. Bathroom nice, but small, with a toilet that functioned most of the time (water tank didn't fill properly). No fridge, no water boiler. Bed claimed to be the best in the city – meh ... Too soft according to my preferences, but the greatest disappointment was that the pile of mattresses don't stay still, I regularly have to bump the upper ones to keep them aligned. Plus for two chairs to sit in, despite more modern than comfortable. No desk. No view, just neighbour buildings, despite I had room on the uppermost floor. Cleaning mostly OK, seems to be dependent on which cleaner what they do.

Breakfast as everywhere else in Norway, quite OK, but nothing extra compared to similar hotels, and I have tried a few. Very full breakfast room at times. And they really gives you a 'we don't care as long as we get your money' feeling when they half-time through my stay changes breakfast time, so it closes one half hour earlier than informed at check-in. No information note left in the room. No information in the elevator. No information at the reception. No information at the breakfast room itself. And no 'sorry' when I talked to the receptionist about the unexpectedly changed time – he was just informed and just as surprised himself. They haven't even managed to update their own web page, After two days, they did manage to change the A4 sheet in the elevator, but it looked identical so if you didn't check the very small print, you would never notice the change.

A big plus for an extremely fast and stable wi-fi! Best I've had in any hotel, anywhere.

Also good air conditioning.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 19, 2018

We stayed here one night on our Norway trip and enjoyed the fact that it had been newly refurbished. However there was no safe,fridge, tea and coffee facilities in the room which to us seemed too minimalist!
Eat in the Restuarant attached which was very good and we had an excellent breakfast in the morning.

Date of stay: July 2018
1  Thank kevind281050
Kristine R, General Manager at Thon Hotel Parken, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

Dear kevind281050

Thank you very much for your positiv feedback. I am very pleased that you took your time to give us this review on Tripadvisor.
We have put a lot of effort in designing a bedroom where the quality of sleep is ou main focus. For this reason we have chosen to put the mini kiosk in the corridor. Here you can get both coffee,tea, hot chocolate and snacks.
I am happy to read that you enjoyed the breakfast and the Food in Torvet Bistro.

We are looking very much forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Let us know if there´s anything we can do for you in the future.

Best wishes,