All reviews hotel is located breakfast is served norwegian hotels basement parking reception norway summer
Selected filters
Reviewed July 27, 2018

We had a room on the 4th floor in the annex, which is an older building connected to the main building by a glassed in walkway. Room was OK, but had small ceilings and felt a bit cramped - plus there was only one luggage rack (I asked and no extras were available) so one suitcase had to go on the floor.The best feature was a window that gave us a great view of the bridge and ships passing under it. The worst feature was a bedframe that stuck out from the matress, which my wife broke her toe on as she rounded the edge of the bed, assuming the mattress was the edge of the bed and frame. (on a positive note, we did get to check out health care in Norway, which was supurb). There was also an air vent that could not be turned off, so we had to listed to air flow all night. The location was OK - away from city center, but it's a small town and the ferry connection was close by (although it did stop running early so we took the car into town to make sure we could get back.) Overall, not a bad place to stay - but if I were to go back to Kristiansund, I would probably check to see if there are better options.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Kaia G, Daglig leder at Thon Hotel Kristiansand, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2018

Hi,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay. Im a bit unsure if this is our hotel you are speaking about. Is this possible Thon Hotel Parken? Is it maybe possible to contact me directly, so I can find out what room you staid in? My direct email is kaia.gjermstad@olavthon.no.

Reviewed July 18, 2018

I was there with my job. The service was excellent. The receptionist gave us very good service. The hotel is located in the city itself with walking distance to "everywhere". The breakfast was excellent.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Kaia G, Daglig leder at Thon Hotel Kristiansand, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

Hi!

Thank you so much for a good review. I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 3, 2018

A great hotell! Breakfast was ok, but the service at the reception was amazing. I was greeted with genuine interest and a feeling that the lady behind the desk really cared about me. The hotel has a great location with restaurants, bars and the water prominade just minutes away. Keep in mind you should have a room in one of the upper floors for the most silent stay.

Room tip: Keep in mind you should have a room in one of the upper floors for the most quiet stay.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with ThonHotels.no
Kaia G, Daglig leder at Thon Hotel Kristiansand, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2018

Hi Kristian,

Thank you so much for this positive feedback. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

Located in the mainstreet
Paid parking
Fast check-in
Kitchen made us breakfast-package, two rolls, juice, cheese, jam and apple
Free coffe and tea at reception
Clean rooms
Free wii-fi
Normal price
Breakfast at Egon

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business

Hi Marita,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. Hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here in May for one night as I could not get in elsewhere. As with many hotels in Norway it seems very expensive compared to UK prices but it was expensive compared to Norwegian prices. Made more so by the small, worn out and very shabby single room I ended up in. The toilet was jammed in a corner of the tiny bathroom and the shower was in need of a good clean or replacing all together.
Breakfast in the Egon restaurant attached is poor with quality and choice being limited.
Whilst it’s not dirty or have any significant drawbacks I’d avoid this establishment in future or until they refurbish it. Which is a pity because they have a good location in the centre of the lovely town of Kristiansand.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Kaia G, Daglig leder at Thon Hotel Kristiansand, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2018

Hi,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We will in the fall refurbish 20 bathrooms at the hotel, I Hope you will stay with us the next time you are in Kristiansand. If you have the time it would have been great if you contacted me directly at kaia.gjermstad@olavthon.no, so I can have the information on which room you staid in.