Open today: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Reviewed August 23, 2016
Kokk
Kristiansand, Norway
via mobile
Majestic garden with many beautiful flowers

Reviewed March 30, 2016
arnsidmb
Kristiansand, Norway
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 23, 2016 via mobile

A wonderfull place for walking, the garden has many parts with different design. One part in front of the Mansion is an english rose garden. And other part has historical herberge and plante for medical use . In the summer you can buy a ticket and see the old house from inside. Children can use a big playground in the gardens and everyone can use the barberque. I recommend a visit to Gimle gård for all age som. In the cafe you can buy a Nice cup of Coffee and a piece of cake.

Date of experience: August 2016
Eva H, Konsulent at Gimle Gard, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2016

I am very pleased to hear that you liked the garden!

Eva H

Reviewed August 3, 2016

I always visited museums and cultural centers, it made my life became richer and my personality stood out.

Today I saw a place full of interesting stories being ignored, those stories were there under the pile of magazines, newspapers and old waltzes music sheets, all partially damaged.

I do not know, but it seems a lot, that those responsible for the house, it means the administration of Kristiansand understands that the public has no ability to learn about the past in a visit to a museum. They are wrong, and play fool of themselves. A place like this is a fortune to be investigate and curate and further make some money, what I see does not fit in a Norway who marked itself the greatest place on earth.

But that would reside without any concerned of mine, I would find me satisfied with the beautiful gardens around the house. What annoyed me was the theater that I was forced to follow during the visit, which aspired small laughter of children and from elders, a smile. This kind of guiding made a huge effort to admire any painting or an acquired artifact...

Date of experience: August 2016
Eva H, Konsulent at Gimle Gard, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2016

Hi!

I am sorry to hear that your visit did not meet your expectations. You could, of course, have chosen a guided tour on the hours when there was no play, and I hope you will do so another time.

Thank you for taking time to share your views. We appreciate all feed back.

Eva H

Reviewed March 30, 2016 via mobile

I would really like to reccomend this beatiful place wich is absolutely free of charge. During summer time they even serve a snack to bite and coffe.

Lovely for a family with kids as well for couples!

Date of experience: March 2016
Reviewed March 22, 2016

this is a little pearl of a park , with a great variety og biological differences. This is a very beatifull area to visit

Date of experience: March 2016
Reviewed September 15, 2015

Gimle Gård is lovely for a stroll in the park, picnic, barbeque with a bunch of people, or just looking at flowers. The inside also has a botanical museum, but I've never visited that. I enjoy the outside though, the park area. The flowers in the late summer are BEAUTIFUL. And the trees are majestic.

Date of experience: August 2015