“Good value”

Yess! Hotel Kristiansand
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Kristiansand
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Small rooms, simple and plain, but at this price it is recommended. Clean, comfortable bed. Friendly service. Very convenient location, walking distance to everything, including the railway station. I'll use this hotel again if I'm paying myself.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I had a super super-small room with just 3m2 floor-space and a family-sized bunk-bed with excellent mattresses. The TV-set provided a whopping five channels, but the 90Mb internet-access enhanced the technological side of the of the so much that the poor TV-standard didn't really matter.

The breakfast was simple. Do not expect a continental breakfast at this hotel - the only warm dishes was coffee and boiled eggs.

There was quite a hiccup considering the management. Don't get me wrong, the personell I met was nice and accomodating, but I adressed one issue at the very beginning of my two-week stay and the management did not even bother replying, in spite of my constant reminders. Not good at all! I demand to be taken seriously, as it was important for me too solve this issue.

You have to notify the staff if you want any roomservice during your stay, as this costs extra...

If you are looking for a cheap transit, hostel-style hotel, I can still recommend a stay.

Room Tip: Ask for any from the fifth-floor and up, facing the sea-side. The rooms on the other side faces the...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2013

The keys to our room did not work. So I called the front desk. A gentleman came swiftly and confimed the fault. He had allready brought new keys to a bigger room. Nice!

Good/ok breakfast and good coffie!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jon Erik N
Reviewed April 7, 2013

They named their hotel Yess - and "yes" it was! Best budget hotel I have ever stayed in and among the friendliest hotel staffs I have ever met - regardless of standard and number of stars. My favorite hotel in Kristiansand from now - no doubt about that!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Bjørn E
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stayed one night here due to an early morning flight from Kristiansand. The hotel is located in the centre of Kristiansand. The rooms are clean, beds comfortable and th breakfast wonderful. What more can you ask for, when the cost is only half of other Kristiansand hotels...? Highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Helge59
Reviewed January 22, 2013

When we got to the Hotel we were welcomed by a kind receptionist and chekking in took us about 2 minutes. Our hotel room were clean and cosy but the TV had a bad signal, so we got another room instantly,great service!!! :) The beds were ok and the bathroom were very clean,i like clean. The breakfast is amazing,the Hotel has the best bread i have ever tasted.
Next time we need a Hotel in Kristiansand we are staying at Yess Hotel for sure!!! I almost forgot to mention that this Hotel is cheaper than any other Hotels nera by.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Our accommodation turned out to be a surprisingly tiny room, with a tiny twinbed pushed against the wall, 1 plastic chair, no wardrobe, only 4 hangers, bad soundproofing, window could not open, but the breakfast was ok.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com