“Dreadful service!!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 12, 2019

We arrived five people on a Sunday afternoon. The restaurant was only half-full. We were shown to a table and given menues. After fifteen minutes we had to stop a waiter to order. After another twenty minutes we had to og to the counter to ask for the drinks. The food arrived an hour after we ordered it. That is – not mine. When they served they assured it was on its way. Ten minutes later I went to the counter again – to ask for my food. They had forgotten it? So I got someone elses rightwaway. But the sauce came five minutes later. Price? Food, two soft drinks and four alcoholic beverages : 193,95 US $ How did it taste? Sorry, but I was too angry to notice.

Vi var fem stykker som kom til restauranten en søndag. Restauranten var halvfull. Vi ble vist til et bord og fikk menyer. Men etter ett kvarter måtte vi stanse en kelner for å få bestille. Drikkevarene måtte vi etterlyse etter tyve minutter. Maten kom en time etter bestilling – det vil si; ikke min. Etter ytterligere ti minutter etterlyste jeg min mat. Som de åpenbart hadde glemt. Men da kom den fort ettersom jeg var sint. Fem minutter etter at jeg hadde begynt å spise kom sausen.
Pris for fem stykker med 4 alkoholdrikker og 2 mineralvann: 1.684,- Hvordan maten smakte? Etter den servicen var jeg for sint til å merke det.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed November 5, 2018 via mobile

The familie was shopping and I was waithing. I the food was ok , I my self had the chana masala. It was ok. As always in norway you get a suprise by the bill It is always bigger than expected. For 4 more than 100 usd. When they finally arrived the food was pretty fast on the table. At least the we got full.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank Pelle2009
Reviewed August 29, 2018

This restaurant has authentic, delicious Indian cuisine that will delight your taste buds in a very memorable way. Wide selection of traditional dishes and desserts, all of which are outstanding. Spices are graded from 1 to 5 where 5 is for those who like it super-hot. Personally, I always go for a level 2 so I can enjoy all the flavors of the food without the spices "dominating" the dish. Charming, comfortable locale central in town and friendly service. Very popular, so book a table. Three people can eat for the price of two on Sundays. Bring your friends and family and enjoy a lovely dining experience.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 22, 2018

We had high hopes, but we were disappointed.
We were welcomed nicely to begin with. Upon ordering, we got to know that they were not serving naan breads that day due to some kitchen fire issues. Well, I expected them to tell it to us upfront or even put up a notice informing guests for their gastronomy decision making. Anyhow, we ended up ordered few dishes with rice. He told us "rice is free, eat as much as you want, we will not stop you". This statement was ridiculous and nasty. We wanted to walk out, however due to kids we had to stay as they were hungry.
The food arrived, but severely lack of spices, specially salt. Well, there was no salt at all. I complained, and the reply I got was "we dont use salt in Norway, hence there is no salt. Our chef doesnt prefer it." - what did I just hear? Are you for real? Important to mention that I live in Norway from last 15 years! And I have visited Indian restaurants all over Norway in Oslo, Bergen, Kristiansand etc. eating authentic Indian food, and he says Norway doesnt prefer to eat salt???
Well, we had to eat whatever was necessary to gain energy to drive back to our city, but the experience was ridiculous. This is not INDIAN FOOD!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

It doesn't really help that the food is good when you have to wait 90 min just to get a glass of water. But at least we eventually got what we ordered. (The girls next to us didn't...) Just don't go there when busy

Date of visit: August 2017