All reviews newly renovated hotel evening meal great hotel great surprise stayed here for one night comfy bed hot food centre of town perfect location friendly service the hotel staff nice room beautiful view great breakfast cinema floor noise
Selected filters
Reviewed December 3, 2018

Everything was fine as usual. Breakfast especially good. They also offer free evening meal which is sometimes quite good as well. This time there were only two small complaints - the door made strange noise when people in rooms nearby were opening/closing their doors and there was no bottle opener in the room.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
TH A, Guest Relations Manager at Thon Hotel Arendal, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2018

Dear Ed0_79,

Thank you so much for this fantastic review!
I am really happy you enjoyed our breakfast.
We will check your room and make sure there is bottle opener next time.
Welcome back. Hope to see you soon:)

Reviewed November 15, 2018

We had a superior room. It is ok to have some space and the room was good, so was the food . Cleaning also ok, BUT we had to ask for toilet paper and a hotel like this should check this out, not the customers. Otherwise it was nice. Parking house across the road.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
TH A, Guest Relations Manager at Thon Hotel Arendal, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2018

Dear Vigdis,
Thank you so much for your review!
I am sorry that it was missing toilet paper in the bathroom.
Good to hear that you enjoyed your room and your stay at our hotel..
Welcome back. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed November 14, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for one night and a mixed sensation about the place. The room was fine with enough space for a single person. The main problem courted when I wanted to turn off the AC as it was making some noise for me to sleep. After looking around for a way to turn it off without success, I called the reception to be told that it was not possible as the AC had a single system for the all building and could be turned off per room. I appreciate that it is not necessarily a problem for everybody, but it was for me who like to sleep with silence. On a positive note, the breakfast was really good, with different options from smoothies, natural orange juice, to the traditional British options. I had probably the best mushrooms I ever ate in an hotel. In summary, I am not sure if I will come back. Need to assess other local options and for sure check if they don’t have the same issue with the AC.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Tom F,
Thank you for your review!
I am sorry to hear that you had problem with the AC.
I will check it up and see if there are any technical problem with it, so we don't have this problem again.
I am really happy you enjoyed our breakfast.
Welcome back.
Hope to see you soon.
Best Regards Thon Hotel Arendal v/ Cecilie

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

I was aPerfect stay for our family with 2 children. , Nice bathroom and a very good breakfast. Friedly Staff. Clean room. Good beds and in the center of the Town. Nice view from the breakfast hall in the 6th floor!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
TH A, Guest Relations Manager at Thon Hotel Arendal, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2018

Dear Kjell, T
Thank you so much for this fantastic review!
I am really happy you enjoyed our breakfast, our room and beds.
Welcome back. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed August 31, 2018

The Hotel is in center of Arendal and it was a nice and clean room. I but small but it was ok. The breakfast was realy nice, to bad i hade litte time for breakfast. The service was ok and location is very good. The bed was very nice to sleep in!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with ThonHotels.no
TH A, Guest Relations Manager at Thon Hotel Arendal, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2018

Dear Michael S,
Thank you so much for this nice review!
I am really happy you enjoyed the breakfast and your stay at our hotel.
Next time you can ask for upgrade room. We have different categories to offer our guests.
Welcome back, hope to see you again.