All reviews sea view excellent breakfast hotel is located lovely hotel walking distance breakfast room nice room beds were comfortable perfect view small town hotel room around the corner nice stay lunch and dinner no idea nice touch water front
Selected filters
Reviewed March 20, 2019

This hotel in the middle of Arendal is a pearl. The water-front is just below your room. The beds are proper, and at least my room had both a desk and a comfortable chair for a late TV-evening. Staying for work at hotels around all places is not always as comfortable as at this hotel. Also the breakfast is good and the breakfast room towards the sea makes the early morning hours very pleasant.

Room tip: Ask for a sea view.
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
atlew2014, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Tyholmen, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2019

Hello Chez_Rita

Thank you very much for your fantastic review.
It is good to see that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

Welcome back to Clarion Hotel Tyholmen the next time you visit Arendal.

Reviewed February 25, 2019

I was tired and weary from driving all day. The sun was still up and the hotel is right on the water. I looked forward to relaxing and watching the sunset from my room. When I got to it, my room did have sea view, but only from the corner of the window. Not bad really, but disappointing. So I sheepishly went back to the lobby and asked the (smiling) staff if they had another room. Check out the photos. Sitting in bed while looking out over the harbour is great. Thanks @Clarion

Room tip: 157, 257, 357, 457 (all amazing, views)
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
atlew2014, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Tyholmen, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2019

Hello Rick

Thank you very much for your fantastic review.
We are very proud of out hotel on the pier in Arendal.
I am glad to hear that our amazing staff could help you regarding the room.

Welcome back next time you visit Arendal.

Reviewed January 11, 2019

The hotel team is one of the most customer oriented teams I ever met. The rooms are very clean. The location and the view from the rooms is fabulous. The Table&Kitchen resturant servce excellent breakfast, lunch and dinners.

Date of stay: January 2019
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
atlew2014, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Tyholmen, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2019

Thank you for your fantastic review. Glad to hear you like our rooms, location and restaurant.

Hope to see you again next time you visit Arendal.

Reviewed December 12, 2018

It is a great hotel with a great restaurant. You will be definitely satisfied by your stay at this hotel. I would also recommend to try the restaurant, both for lunch and dinner. The rooms are very nice with a very comfortable bed and a very nice bathroom and very clean!

Date of stay: December 2018
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
Atle W, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Tyholmen, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2018

Hi Stratos

We love your feedback. Thank you very much. It is good to read that you were satisfied with your stay.

Welcome back to us.

Reviewed November 3, 2018 via mobile

I attended a seminar with a larger group. The kitchen clearly wasn’t prepared and couldn’t handle such a large group. I’m guessing they hired short-term extra staff for the night. The meat was almost raw (would have been nice to have a choice), the sauce arrived about 20 minutes after the main course. Glasses wasn’t refilled without asking several times. What’s up with kitchen staff walking around with baseball caps and hair waving all over the place?

Very nice location though, in the city centre on the harbor. Clean and nice rooms. Not too happy with people smoking in the entrance just below my window though. Maybe put the ashtrays away from the entrance and rooms?

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Atle W, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Tyholmen, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2018

Hello Spinloop

Thank you for your honest feeback.
I am sorry to hear about your experience during your visit at our hotel.

We have taken this up internally to improve our level of service.

Good to heat that you enjoyed the location and our rooms. We seek to find other solutions regarding the smoking area.

Best regards