“Surprisingly good!”

Blom Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 67 Restaurants in Arendal
Cuisines: Norwegian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Velkommen til Blom Restaurant! Vi er en a la carte restaurant, som holder til ved Pollen på Langbryggen i Arendal. Hos oss kan du velge imellom flere forretter, hovedretter og desserter, eller la våre servitører og kokker sette sammen menyen din. Menyen på Blom er konstant i utvikling, og vi tar gjerne imot ønsker og innspill når vi skal velge fremtidige smaker. Vårt ønske er å tilby kvalitetsmat i eksklusive omgivelser, og samtidig gi plass til en uformel tone imellom gjest og personale. -- Håper vi ses på Blom Restaurant!
Reviewed April 9, 2019

Actually it was my girlfriend who suggested the spot, since we just wanted to go for dinner one a Saturday. And yes, we had a lovely seating with a view of the harbour and the sun setting. The table was nice and clean, glasses shining, and the sofa and chair were both comfortable. So there we were ready to order. The best was yet to come. The servant, a young redhaired girl came to our table to take our orders, and it acutally turned out that she knew more than we did expect. She was not only the waiter, she was half way to becoiming a sommelier. Whar a nice surprise, and good advice she could give too, with regard to what we ordered.
We had scallops for starters and then duck - which was good, and although the monkfish was lovely and nicely decorated, to me that was not one to recommend, with rice. Any form of potatoes would have done, but not rice. And it was plenty. Except for that, we were very happy. And imagine, the barkeeper was English, which is always a good thing.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed December 12, 2018 via mobile

Our company had the restaurant by or selfs,
Great food and service.
The rein deer tasted great and cheese plate as a dessert the same. Missed fresh scallops for the starters but acceptable tast. One of the or may the best choose when in Arendal,

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

Very good. Had a bit too much to drink so cant really remember what we ate. But it was good and staff were also very friendly

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed June 23, 2018

There were no vegan options on the menu. They were so nice; they made me a custom grilled veggie meal!!! It was so good that I ate here twice :)
Excellent service and views.
I will definitely eat here whenever in Arendal :)

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

I was in Arendal for a conference and ended up having a small lunch here after seeing the good reviews on TripAdvisor. I had the prawn sandwich and a glass of white wine, and boy was I not disappointed.

For 170 kr I got a generous heap of fresh prawns on top of toasted white bread coated with delicious butter, a good portion of mixed green salad with some sort of dressing, a dollop of mayo, dill and lemon slices. Everything you need for a delicious prawn sandwich. The wine was also excellent.

The staff were friendly and service-minded, the location on the pier next to the sea was beautiful. I was rather disappointed when I didn't get the option to tip when I payed by card. I will definitely consider to come back.

Date of visit: June 2018