“Best Indian In Oslo”

Mother India
Ranked #9 of 1,428 Restaurants in Oslo
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Mother India is Norway’s oldest Indian restaurant. Run by the Sharma family the restaurant opened its door in 1993, and has been with the same family in the same location ever since. We are proud of this, but also humble to our guests' expectations of us.We regard ourselves as cultural ambassadors of India through the food we serve. Hence, as our guest you are not a customer but part of our family.We constantly source our ingredients from different suppliers, searching for the very best. That is why we also blend our own spice mixtures. This gives our food a unique flavor, and the recipes are a well kept secret.
Oslo, Norway
“Best Indian In Oslo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

Having moved to Oslo from the UK, and being of Indian decent, this is by far the BEST Indian in Oslo. Very cosy inside and staff are very friendly and helpful! The food was amazing, service was great and very accommodating for larger parties! Missing my mothers home cooking, Mother India definitely makes up for it! We regularly eat here and will definitely continue to do so!

Thanks Mother India for a fantastic time on Friday! We all very much enjoyed it and will be back again soon!

Asha

Oslo, Norway
“Authentic indian atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

Rich portions, amazingliy tasty food and excellent service. We come here regulary with our children to celebrate and treat ourselves with some warmth and colour in the midst of winter. We used the online booking system - worked out great.

• Visited January 2014
“Great indian food in Oslo!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

Food: Authentic indian cuisine!
Service: We were really happy with the service. It was a packed friday night but our waitress really looked after us with a real smile on her face!
Value: A bit expensive but the whole experience is worth it.
Atmosphere: We were seated in another room than the one leading from the main entrence so we can only review what we experienced here. It was a very cosy and warm room with fitting interior to give us that indian feeling. It was a small room so it was a bit tight between the tables.

All in all we recommened this restaurant! And we will soon be back. :)

Porsgrunn, Norway
“Delicious food in an intimate atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

In addition to the tasteful meal they add that "little extra" to make you feel welcome. Very narrow and intimate (and popular), so you should definitely book a table....

Lorenskog Municipality, Norway
“The feeling of visiting India while staying home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

I was very pleased with the menu. One of the best dinners I have had in a very long time.

For starters, I ate papadums with a simple Raita (good combination, recommended). I also recommend the masala chai already for starters if it's cold outside.

For the main course I had the Murgh Pista Korma with rice, Nan and a tray with three jars: mango chutney, pickles and a third one I don't remember. For drinks I had clean Oslo water (best tasting drinking water from tap in Norway, (at least compared to Kristiansand and Fredrikstad) and 2 cups of Masala Chai (very good if you like spicy tea with milk or cream).

Dessert: Gulab Jamun Sharabi. Tasted just like hot mini donuts, but with the sweet fruit taste on the outside. Served with chunks of tropical fruits and ice cream in Bailey's cream. Sweet and neat. When I got home I was so satisfied and feeling well, that I did not think about food until I got home four hours later in Kristiansand. Next time I eat at Mother India, I am going to try either the Chicken Biryani or the Mango Chicken (because mango is one of my top favorite fruits).

• Visited December 2013