“suprisingly - great!”

Mehfel Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 1,569 Restaurants in Oslo
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: A cultural restaurant in the Kvadraturen district, inspiring both the mind and the taste buds. The restaurant serves the traditional dishes served at Pakistani celebrations, fragrant delights which can be shared among a group of friends. The restaurant regularly invites musicians, poets, authors, painters and a whole number of other artists, both Pakistani and Norwegian, to entertain their guests, providing a memorable evening out. The interior is stylish and light with white tablecloths and comfortable chairs.
Reviewed January 12, 2012

really nice place - tasty, the portions are huge! we tried grill menu and shpinat - and we got extra soups and rice for free:) a bit spicy, but yet very good.
the chiken grill - is something! the tea was either not bad - smells unusual and suits the best to that kind of dishes.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

While on a trade mission and constantly being based in Oslo in September 2011, my colleagues and I discovered a great restaurant Mehfel in Oslo. The owner, Tariq was so hospitable that he even offered us to park our car at his own private parking garage.
The food served was superb and I do know my Pakistan curry, pilaf, nan bread etc and here it is really superb! It was just like coming home. I would recommend this restaurant who would just want great Pakistani food, ambience and borderless hospitality & halal.

Reviewed September 14, 2011

This was our first Pakistani experience and what a luck we had!It's a very classy place,nice design inside,pleasant Pakistani music on the background.The owner came himself to greet us which was definitely a plus.We got a free starter,daal shorba,which was mentioned before,I don't eat soups but my husband enjoyed it.To be honest I was not impressed by Chaplee kebab,but my husband's Murgh Karahi(spicy chicken breast) was a taste of heaven.The service is extremely good,and even tho the prices are a bit too high-you actually get enough food not to walk out hungry(as it usually happens at expensive places).We'll surely be back!

1  Thank Irena_rus
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I went for the taster menu that's 265kr and was given an extra starter of the most delicious daal soup which the waitress suggested I try with some lime - a very good combination. It was my favourite part of the meal along with the Chicken shashlik and the peswari naan. I found the sauces too creamy for my taste (I normally go for sauces with tamarind or fenugreek in), but it was all very tasty and not too spicey. If you like milder creamy Pakistani cuisine this is the place to go. The service was very good and the waitress was really pleasant.

1  Thank Kazlet