“Disappointing, given the previous reviews”
Review of Smia Galleri

Smia Galleri
Ranked #75 of 1,501 Restaurants in Oslo
Cuisines: European, Norwegian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Gamle Oslo
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Went there to celebrate a birthday - this is a place that has generally good reviews, although there have been some voices of criticism.
It was very crowded, with a big party of guests taking up half of the room. This may have affected waiting times, the attention of the staff, temperature of the food.
The food was OK, but not really remarkable - at this price range (which is not exactly budget) other places offer better than we had this evening. Also, the portions were small. In spite of having a three course meal, both of us were still a bit hungry when we left.
As far as the atmosphere goes (apart from crowded and noisy, which may have been just that evening), the place is decidedly "quaint" and "artsy". Others may like that, for me it was completely overdone.
So all in all, I won't go here again, nor recommend it - I know several places in Oslo that I like better, both for their food, atmosphere, and price/value ratio.

1  Thank Coffeecat
There are newer reviews for Smia Galleri

Reviewed January 4, 2012

Absolutely fabolous! Excellent food, good service and atmosphere.

Reviewed December 18, 2011

I passed this restaurant a couple of years ago during summer by bike, and promised myself to check it out soon. Then I totally forgot about it until recently when a friend came to visit me in Norway and wanted to eat some good food (without getting to gourmet prices).

We tried Smia and were very pleased. The atmosphere was just great: warm and cozy without being too crowded or noisy. The service was professional but friendly and discrete.
The food was sophisticated, tasty and well presented (we had a 3 course menu).
Very, very good at an affordable price. Can't say much about wine list, as that evening we had only water.

We left happy and we will definitely go back.

Reviewed August 13, 2011

Everything is awesome...
Go there.
It is a little gem at a cool part of Oslo east.

1  Thank Tomrichard1979
Reviewed November 21, 2010

My wife and I just happend to pass by on a cold winter afternoon and were welcomed even thoug we didn't Have reservations. We recieved only the lunch menu since we came early and without reservation. Just sitting here, having a christmas beer, waiting for our lamb to arrive, mase me completly unwind. And let me tell you, not much do these days.
Food was fine, allthoug as a father of six, my palate reacts funny to anything that seperates self from the goumet creations at McDonalds. But it's the atmosphere that makes this placeva must!!!!

2  Thank Thilkjer2