“Absolutely excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lemongrass Caribbean Restaurant & Lounge

Lemongrass Caribbean Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #104 of 1,410 Restaurants in Oslo
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Tulinlokka,vis a vis national galleriet
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Absolutely excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

What a wonderful surprise. We didn't know this place, despite its central location, few steps away from the National Theatre and the National Gallery. The atmosphere was great: elegant but not stiff, good for romance but also business, nice background music. There is a lot of place, including a sort of internal winter garden. The service was very good: the waiter explained every single dish in a mannered and non-invasive way. Food: we ordered a nut chicken and a white fish speciality. Just excellent, both: the chicken was served with a delicious white cream, sweet potatoes chips and fried bananas. The meat was very tender and tasteful. The same for the fish: fresh, with an interesting red sauce, well cooked. Final price 600 kr including two teas and a well deserved tip. Rarely i give five stars, but in this case i really did not find anything out of order. It was a very pleasant experience, I warmly recommend it.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Giuseppe M

• Polish first
Oslo, Norway
“Watered drinks and alcohol-smelling waiter”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

We ordered two drinks that were recommended by the waiter. He made me a BMW, bragging that it contained so much alchol that it was practically illegal, a shocking thing for a waiter to say, esp. in Norway. What I received contained no taste of alcohol what so ever, nor could I feel any effect of it, but I did smell alcohol on our waiters breath.

The main dish I chose was unavailable, I ended up ordering a chicken dish like my wife, and while we had different dishes they were identical apart from the sauce. It was ok.

We ordered a bottle of wine, it was shown to us by the table while we were partly distracted by the other waiter delivering the food. It was opened behind the counter where we couldn't see. It tasted like it had been watered.

The pear and yoghurt dessert was awful and I couldn't finish it.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Bjørn K
London, United Kingdom
“what a meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

That was my first in Oslo what a find , great food great deco and the waiter who was serving us one of the finest he know his wine and cocktails great time !

• Visited May 2013
St. Andrews, United Kingdom
“Surprised to find a Carribean Restaurant in Oslo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

A gret asurprise to find this restaurant close to the Raddisson Blu Hotel I was staying. The food was very good. The range of tastes was very interesting with bananas and spices giving steaks and fish a lovely twist. I had the steak which was very nice served over grilled pineapple. Well worth a visit you will be bound to enjoy, especially if you have lived in the Caribbean as I used to do. You are in Oslo so it will be expensive relative to the US and even London.

• Visited December 2013
Oslo
“Very good food in central location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

I enjoyed the food. It tasted very good and and the presentation was nice. Definitely worth a visit for a different kind of food,

• Visited December 2013