“Nice food, excellent view” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ekebergrestauranten

Ekebergrestauranten
Ranked #43 of 1,410 Restaurants in Oslo
Cuisines: European, Scandinavian, Norwegian, International
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: During the summer months we welcome you with a beautiful outdoor service with a fantastic view of the Oslofjord, the islands and boats. Ekebergrestauranten is located in the hills just above Oslo, with a stunning view of the inner Oslo fjord, the city and the Operahouse. If you arrive by car or taxi, you will find us by following the signs to Nordstrand.
Oslo, Norway
“Nice food, excellent view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Great view over the Oslo fjord!
This is not the cheapest of places to eat, but the food is good. Combined with the view, good service and nice ambience, it's definitely worth a visit!

Visited February 2013

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Oslo, Norway
“Excellent view, great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

I've been here first with colleagues and then with family. The food was great and the view over the Oslo fjord is impressive. The building is a nice example of modern architecture and I believe it's a historical building. The prices are very reasonable compared to what you get - abundant dishes and the experience of the view and building. Helpful and welcoming staff. I do recommend this place and I'm definitely coming back.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Oslo, Norway
“Great view and good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

This funkis building is worth a visit. The place was shut down for many years and it was a real shame. Now it's just a great restaurant. We were a little unlucky when we were there wwith our waitress but that is shortly after the opening. I have only heard good recommandations from others.

1 Thank Magunder
“Lack of teaspoons...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I´m not to keen on giving the reader a wrong impression; on the other hand I need to state my honest opinion about the place:

I´ve been here a few times, for both lunch and dinner. I´ve been enjoying great wine pairing and delicious meals. I think Ekebergrestauranten is a cultural, historical location of importance to Oslo as a city. Not only does it offer beautiful view of downtown and surrounding areas, it has a great restaurant with good vibe and offers.

Food is made with passion, and passion is hard to put a price on. Some people may say it is a bit expensive, others disagree. I think this is something you need to figure out on your own. What I can say which is of importance is that I´ve had two akward experiences in the restaurant the past 2 years.

One time we showed up and had to wait 15 minutes for our booked table. The restaurant was very busy and staff seemed to have lost controll on certain areas.. When we got our table the avarage waiting between courses (3) were 3-40 minutes. I dont like to complain but service was extreemly slow this night.

Last time I went here about a month ago I ordered a cup of tea with my lunch. The selection was good BUT I was not given a teaspoon..... How was I supposed to fish out the teabag and stir my gently sugered tea? I guess the vaitor wasn´t a tea-drinker. I wanted to check his awarness level and ordered a new cup of tea. As the second cup and teapot was served the teaspoon was nowhere to be seen. A rookie mistake by a restaurant who should know how to serve a proper cup of tea.

As I said earlier I dont like to paint a picture that doesn´t comply with reality. These two incidents are probably an exeption. I think the restaurant is of high quality and I will not have anything against reccomending you a visit! Just be aware and ask for the teaspoon =)

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Oslo, Norway
“Good food, great staff and exquisite view of Oslo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

The view itself are a good excuse to go to this place. Combine this with great food and very good staff, and your meal/evening are on good way to become perfect.

If the sun is shining and it is warm, I recommend a seat outside. You have a direct view to both the Oslo fjord and the city.