“Lack of teaspoons...”

Ranked #37 of 1,560 Restaurants in Oslo
Cuisines: Norwegian, International
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: During the summer months we welcome you with a beautiful outdoor service with a fantastic view of the Oslofjord, the islands and boats. Ekebergrestauranten is located in the hills just above Oslo, with a stunning view of the inner Oslo fjord, the city and the Operahouse. If you arrive by car or taxi, you will find us by following the signs to Nordstrand.
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I´m not to keen on giving the reader a wrong impression; on the other hand I need to state my honest opinion about the place:

I´ve been here a few times, for both lunch and dinner. I´ve been enjoying great wine pairing and delicious meals. I think Ekebergrestauranten is a cultural, historical location of importance to Oslo as a city. Not only does it offer beautiful view of downtown and surrounding areas, it has a great restaurant with good vibe and offers.

Food is made with passion, and passion is hard to put a price on. Some people may say it is a bit expensive, others disagree. I think this is something you need to figure out on your own. What I can say which is of importance is that I´ve had two akward experiences in the restaurant the past 2 years.

One time we showed up and had to wait 15 minutes for our booked table. The restaurant was very busy and staff seemed to have lost controll on certain areas.. When we got our table the avarage waiting between courses (3) were 3-40 minutes. I dont like to complain but service was extreemly slow this night.

Last time I went here about a month ago I ordered a cup of tea with my lunch. The selection was good BUT I was not given a teaspoon..... How was I supposed to fish out the teabag and stir my gently sugered tea? I guess the vaitor wasn´t a tea-drinker. I wanted to check his awarness level and ordered a new cup of tea. As the second cup and teapot was served the teaspoon was nowhere to be seen. A rookie mistake by a restaurant who should know how to serve a proper cup of tea.

As I said earlier I dont like to paint a picture that doesn´t comply with reality. These two incidents are probably an exeption. I think the restaurant is of high quality and I will not have anything against reccomending you a visit! Just be aware and ask for the teaspoon =)

Reviewed March 6, 2013

The view itself are a good excuse to go to this place. Combine this with great food and very good staff, and your meal/evening are on good way to become perfect.

If the sun is shining and it is warm, I recommend a seat outside. You have a direct view to both the Oslo fjord and the city.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

We went there on a cold winter night. The restaurant is located on a hill overlooking the Oslo city. Beautiful view from the top. Food was a-okay. I wouldn't say great but the chef and waiter/waitresses were very friendly and attentive. Wine were served but I don't drink, so I can't comment on that. LOL!

1  Thank aifusatiluj
Reviewed February 7, 2013

This restaurant is a place of comfort, friendly atmosphere. Which is why there are so many weddings there, romantic dinners and friends groups who go out. Also, businessmen are riding the wave of the friendly ambiance at the place, taking the most important guests there for dinners. It is a great place to treat yourself and your spouse to a great night, which, with wine an food, will cost no more than a couples therapist, who only gives you 45 minutes. Doing this regularly is better therapy than most things I know of, kind of like going to church if you have a spiritual life. This is a place to go if you want to have a married life, and live in the region or are frequently in Oslo. The place is great not only in the summer, when sitting out is a fantastic experience when the weather is good. During the colder part of the year, the restaurant itself offers a splendid view of Oslo and the service is just wonderful.

1  Thank Trond B
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Situated at one of Europe most fantastic restaurant-locations. A must if in Oslo and at an obese budget. Beautifully presented and tasty food and very good wines.Expensive (as everything else in Oslo). Worth a try!

1  Thank Rossbach