“Expensive and mediocre”

Ranked #15 of 1,549 Restaurants in Oslo
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Alex Sushi in Solli Plass square in Oslo is one of the city's finer sushi restaurants. The interior is modern and stylish with an open kitchen area where guests sit around an oval table, watching the mastery of the sushi chefs at work. The menu includes a fascinating number of ingredients, with some exotic highlights for the more adventurous. The service is relaxed, knowledgeable and friendly. An excellent wine list complements the food, with vintage varieties mainly from France and Italy.
Reviewed November 14, 2013

My two friends each had a sushi platter, witch was ok, but can easily be bought at under half price in other sushi places. Average food. Since I'm not too fond of raw fish, I ordered a maki platter. To my suprise these makis contained raw salmon, and I only ate one. My friends, tasted them too, and none of them liked the strange-tasting mix. I bought a glass of white vine with my food. The vine was nice, but I didn't even get half a glass (average sice glasses), and for that I paid 120,- NOK -seriously?
The desserts where just as big a disappointment with a green banana in uncooked dough (banana fritter).
Steer away and spend your money (half of it too) elsewhere!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

The food is really great , best food in OSlo, but teh price matches ( quite ezxpensive) That said you nmust visit and i will be back...there is nothing on the menu i woudl not recomend, (ive been there 3-4 times)

Reviewed November 5, 2013

After so many times trying to book online a table, we get one once in the restaurant. It's owner (I think he was) was very kind and we stay in a inner room, around a beautiful solid wood table.
We choose the red menu (90 euros including Asahi beer) and nevertheless we were hungry, we couldn't eat all. So, if you accept a piece of advice, plan your dinner to reach the goal to eat all over the table.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Wonderful sushi, great atmosphere, always good to watch the chef's at work, but be careful how many mortgages you need to eat there. And the sake is definitely better value than the wine….

Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

If you like sushi, this place is a must-go. The service was from the beginning on superb. We had a 3-course menu and everything was really exceptional. Also the German Riesling was very good.
Although it is a pretty pricey place, the crowd on this weekday evening was relaxed.
Definitely highly recommended.