“Great sushi place”

Ranked #14 of 1,480 Restaurants in Oslo
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Alex Sushi in Solli Plass square in Oslo is one of the city's finer sushi restaurants. The interior is modern and stylish with an open kitchen area where guests sit around an oval table, watching the mastery of the sushi chefs at work. The menu includes a fascinating number of ingredients, with some exotic highlights for the more adventurous. The service is relaxed, knowledgeable and friendly. An excellent wine list complements the food, with vintage varieties mainly from France and Italy.
Trondheim, Norway
“Great sushi place”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Alex sushi is one of the places I prefer to visit repeatedly. I really like the atmosphere, how you can watch their chefs make the sushi in the bar and the gentle staff. The sushi has always been excellent. The price is a bit stiff, but I have never felt it as expensive.

• Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Oslo
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good, but not perfect”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The sushi is great, but had expected a somewhat more balanced meal from this restaurant. I order the "red meny", and my wife the "white". We were both unable to finish the meal (and that's a first at a sushi place). My wife only managed about half of the presented food, and I would have been more than happy with 2/3 of what we got.

The food was of couse very well presented and also very good.

The acoustics of the restaurant, however, was terrible. We were six persons seated at the same table, and the restaurant was almost full. I had to strain to hear what the person next to me was saying. Having a conversation with the rest of the group was impossible.

The service was good, but slow. It took at least 10 minutes between each course, and when ordering dessert we got coffee fairly quick, then had to wait a full 15 minutes before getting the actual dessert.

As opposed to the main courses, the dessert was REALLY small, especially compared to the 135NOK price tag for one small ice scoop, and two tiny cakes.

Having paid more than 1000NOK per person for this experience, I'm only moderately impressed.

• Visited September 2013
Oslo, Norway
“WOW”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This is the best sushi restaurant in Oslo, or possibly in Europa. Professional and educated. If u like sushi, this is the restaurant. When I was there, even the Crown Prince of Norway, with his wife Mette Marit, for one reason or another, had to wait for a table. WOW Wolfgang . Love u

• Visited August 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Super Sushi”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

One of the best meals I have had. Fish is super fresh, which is saying something in Oslo.
Good service, great decor. Definitely worth a visit.

• Visited September 2013
Kongsberg, Norway
“Table for 4”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We went there during the summer holiday (July). We reserved a table, but it was very quiet at the time. For quite a while we were the only guests which I'm sure has everything to do with the holidays, still quieter than expected. We've been to Art of Sushi a couple of times before so we wanted to try Alex this time as it is rated as the best.
We had one red set meal and two black. Together with some other dishes and desserts the total was somewhere around 3400 including tips. The price is the real problem here, the presentation is good, service is good and the food is excellent, but it's still hard to justify the price. Somewhat overpriced, but a pleasant afternoon nonetheless. Not a single morsel left.

• Visited July 2013