“Noisy but nice”

Delicatessen Grunerlokka
Ranked #130 of 1,549 Restaurants in Oslo
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Delicatessen Grunerlokka serves Spanish tapas made from a combination of Norwegian and Spanish ingredients. We pride ourselves on using the best ingredients available. I.E. All of our fried food is fried in Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Montabes in Jaen, Andalucia. The Montabes oils are known for their high level of antioxidants and actually adds flavor and nutrients to the food. This is an expensive way to fry food but only the best is good enough for us. All of our hams come from specially selected producers. Our main supplier of hams is Casalba in Burgos. At Casalba knowledge of how to make the finest hams, chorizo etc has been passed down for several generations. We are proud to be able to offer their world class products to our customers. We aim to create a relaxing atmosphere with great food combined with the best tintos, blancos and rosados Spain can offer.
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

A young Oslo native recommended this place in the trendy neighborhood of Grunerlokka. It's a tapas bar--small plates, all good, with a wide selection of drinks. We were there on a warm July evening and the whole front of the restaurant was open to the riverbank. The view was delightful. The place seems very popular with young Norwegians. The music was a bit loud, but that was really the only negative (aside from Norway's usual high prices for food and drink).

Reviewed May 17, 2014

Yes, there were tiny table and we got the last one in the restaurant by the toilets - but we didn't book. It was tight with 4 people with food and drinks but was fine. The food was great: there's a nice variety on offer and for Oslo, it was not overly pricey.

The service was slow to start with as the restaurant was full, but it was still timely, their wine recommendation was great, as was our waiter's advice on which tapas and racions were best for sharing. Our group was really happy with the service and recommendations and we left tips.

I read several of the reviews about bad service. I have to stay that with living in Norway for 2 years, previously, the service is often average or viewed as casual but that's just the way it is. The service we got here was good. No complaints.

Next time I'm back in Oslo, I'll go back.

1  Thank JimmyD73
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Was in Grünerløkka restaurant with friends who have been there many times before. Ordered plenty of food and a bottle of Rioja and everything was ok.
But the service was terrible. We hadn't seen each other in a long time and were maybe a bit slow in ordering, but there were plenty of available tables so I wasn't worried about it. But finally the waitress came over and marched us through the menu, almost rolling her eyes at our questions.
When the food was finally delivered we didn't see her again until it was time to pay, our water glasses were not filled a singe time. And again, the shop wasn't even full.
Only the second time in my life I didn't give a tip.

1  Thank Morten S
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

I visited this restaurant (I use this term loosely) with a group of colleagues. We booked a table for 8 and when we arrived we were shown to two small bistro sized tables which had been pushed together. The table was nowhere near big enough. We pulled a neighbouring table over and were promptly told we should move it back as it was booked. We explained that the two small tables were not sufficient for the size of our party. We wee offered another table which was right by the door and even less suitable. When we tried to explain to the waitress she became extremely aggressive and started to point her finger at us and tell us we needed to respect the policy that 8 guests were only entitled to two tables. We decided that the attitude of the waitress was completely unacceptable. one of our group decided to try and speak to someone on the staff who was more reasonable, as she was speaking to another waitress the aggressive waitress appeared and said that if we had stayed and ordered any food she would have spit in it. I have never been so appalled in my life. I will never eat at this place again and would seriously advise the management or owner teach the staff some basic principles of service and that customers should be treated with respect. We ended up visiting homan bistro and bar and the food, service and ambience were second to none. Delicatessen you missed a huge chunk of revenue and many return visits. Shame on you!
With

6  Thank SBremnes
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

I was there with my Spanish girlfriend, which called the food McDonalds tapas factory.. The food was pretty good for a Norwegian, but for a Spanish, this was a mid level every day tapas taste. But what really scared me was the price for a glass of wine. 104 Nok for a small glass which was gone after two sips.. It's totally insane that people get fooled this way! I will never buy wine this place again!! The waiters was very kind, even tho we had three different, for a little meal.. and we had to wait quite long for the bill. The price for the food was ok, but I don't think it'll be the first tapas restaurant I'll visit near future!