“Just great”

Ranked #137 of 1,592 Restaurants in Oslo
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Scandinavian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Lofoten is an elegant, yet cosy and relaxed seafood restaurant on the edge of Aker Brygge with an exquisite maritime menu, good beverages and excellent service. Lofoten pride themselves in serving the best fish and seafood the sea has to offer. The restaurant's philosophy is to serve rustic food that not only looks good, but also tempts the palate and satisfies one's hunger. The menu changes 7-8 times a year and reflects each season's specialities. January-March: Steamed cod with liver and roe, flown in from Lofoten! April-September: Summer menu, 200 seats outside with a great view of the Oslo Fjord. October-December: The Norwegian speciality lutefisk (cod treated with lye).
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I took a friend and her son for a special treat on their first visit to Norway (Oslo). We all went for the 5 course set menu, that started with whale meat. Even if three of us were americans! But we all liked it and the rest of the meal just became better and better. The setting was great, right by the water. The staff was very friendly, knowledgeable and professional. We'll be back

Write a ReviewReviews (1,004)

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Took some very special clients here for a business dinner.
Situated right near the water, although at this time of year, we decided to eat inside, but I imagine in the summer, would be even better with the view aspect.
Very attentive staff and very helpful and knowledgable of the menu.
I had grilled whale for starters, which was fabulous.
Main, I took the boiled Cod, which is on the menu prior to Christmas, this is prepared in caustic soda, before being boiled. You actually get two full portions of this dish, which can be a little too much, served with boiled potatoes, bacon and peas.
Christmas Aquavit and Hanson lager, complimented each course.
We had a brilliant time!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Was in Oslo for a 2 day business trip and being a seafood fan was sent here. Admittedly it was a Sunday night but the choice was very poor and the portions tiny. We had mussels which were average to say the least. The cod main course portion was tiny. We had 3 small beers in total and the bill for this lot was equivalent to over £100 sterling before the tip. Service was good and the waitresses very friendly and helpful but sorry if this is the best fish restaraunt in Oslo then god help the rest.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Smart restaurant with a fine view of the fjord. I enjoyed my last lunch of a Norwegian holiday here. I paid 422 NOK for a starter, main course and a fruit juice, which I didn't think was too expensive for what I got.

Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Stopped by for a 3-course lunch menu for 295 NOK. Very creative, tasty, full of very well cooked seafood and an elegant dessert. Service friendly, beautiful view on the water and seating was outdoor in heated tent with plenty of daylight coming in. Super nice WC, too. Clean.