“Find the entire World in one single restaurant in Oslo, Norway”
Review of Lorry

Lorry
Ranked #121 of 1,482 Restaurants in Oslo
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Lorry is first and foremost a generous and public lounge. This is a place where artists, cultural souls and ordinary people meet up for a good meal or just a drink. Lorry has a broad menu to choose from, but it is mainly known for having 249 different types of beer. The environment is kind but full of atmosphere The seating at the 1 floor is perfect for parties, business dinners, anniversaries and other arrangements. This floor can be rented privately with seating for up to 100 guests. The room has a bar, a sophisticated fireplace and an entrance to the terrace for smokers. Please also visit our charming and provincial 'Smokers Terrace' at the 1 floor. This outdoor room that has loads of heaters, makes this place feel like summer all year around! The terrace is open every day between 5pm and 11.45pm. (Saturdays: 2pm)
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Find the entire World in one single restaurant in Oslo, Norway”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This restaurant has a concept, I guess. I am just not sure, what it is.
I went there with a colleague during a short business trip.

The food is relatively simple and cheap (by Norwegian standards!). I had the reindeer burger, which was good, but the decoration takes the price!

I do not know how they got all the stuff hanging and standing at display everywhere, but it seems to be from around the Globe!
I remember seeing a bear, a moose, a mountain goat, an onyx and a giraffe!
Drawings, paintings and photos of persons and locations all over the World.
Buddha statues, saddles and regular farming gear.
Everything mixed together. Quite confusing!

I have no idea how they are going to put anything more at display. Every location, wall and corner seemed to be in use already.

• Visited May 2012

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Taunton, United Kingdom
“A traditional norweigian restaurant..?”
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Had the catfish and would definately reccomend. Others in our group had the reindeer burger which also comes highly reccomended. Will definately be back because this venue boasts a list of 350 beers of which we managed 4!!!

• Visited April 2013
Munich, Germany
“Nice atmosphere, but poor service”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I was here as a part of a large group that had reserved several tables weeks in advance. Still, the waiters could not cope with the situation. When I arrived, I was almost pushed (physically) out of the restaurant, just because I could not immediately tell the waiter what the groups reservation name was. We had to wait very long for service, and the waiters were unfriendly and rough. The food was partly very good; other dishes were average to poor quality. I definitely won't be back.

2 Thank Mi H
Oslo, Norway
“Great atmosphere, good selection of beer and wine and nice food”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

You may go here for a few beers with your colleagues after work, dine with friends or have a coffee.

Very friendly, attentive and informed staff that really knows how to do their job!

Visited September 2012
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great pub, fab atmosphere and decent food”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We had a dinner in Lorry, and we both went for traditional Norwegian meals (I had a pork dish-tasty and my partner a fish course). Many beers on offer, some up to around £25(!) The place is quirky to say the least. We had great service and would go back if we return to Oslo

Visited February 2013