“Good food and good ambience”
Review of Mister India

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sentrum
Description: Temporarily closed
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Tasty food, reasonably quick service and a elegant yet comfortable ambience. A nice place for an authentic Indian dinner.
The only negative is, it opens at 3pm.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Good menu selection. Well presented food that was tasty and thoroughly enjoyed.
Included complimentary popadoms and pickles.
Attentive waiters. Who asked how spicy you wanted the food.

2  Thank 2coats
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I'm as white bread of an American as you can find so while I cannot speak to the authenticity of Mister India's cuisine (something they promote on the menu) I can say that it was the best Indian restaurant I have ever eaten at, and one of the best meals of my life. I had the Imperial kabob, which is Scottish pheasant, and my girlfriend had a lamb curry dish. Both were cooked perfectly with just the right amount of spice and seasoning. I would absolutely recommend Mister India for anyone looking for a quality meal in Oslo.

1  Thank BenBulthuis
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

I'm a Scot living in Oslo and am always on the lookout for a decent curry. This was our first time trying Mister India. It was really really good. The menu is a bit different to the normal ones you see...no vindaloo or madras here. Instead there are loads of regional dishes with lots of intriguing ingredients. They even have a touch of Norway as they've included Norwegian salmon in one dish and venison in another. I had the sabzi tikki to start and " CHETTINADU KOZHI KOZHAMBU" as my main which is one of their signature dishes. It was really good. With rice included we ordered nan breads (garlic) which were good if a bit on the small and dry side. I had two Cobras and the bill came to around 470kr. The main was about 210 which is fair standard here in Oslo. Most places charge that but some serve up really bad curries. I thoroughly recommend Mister India. Grear location too just along from the Cathedral.

1  Thank Banany73
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We went to Mister India after a full days work. I have to say, though I have not been to England or India, this was the best Indian food I have ever had to date. I ordered the Chicken Tikka Marsala and asked for the spicy version. The flavor had the creamy flavor and texture that makes this dish so good. It also had an awesome slow, spicy burn that lets you taste the flavor in the food but will build to a good very good heat but not too much to hide the flavor of the food. Highly recommend the restaurant, though if you're not a fan of spicy you might want to pass on the extra heat.

1  Thank 197stevee