“Nice, relaxed restaurant with great daily dishes”
Review of Victor - CLOSED

Cuisines: French, Norwegian, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I liked the relaxed atmosphere and the good food. They have great daily dishes for a decent price.

Nice service, can be a bit crowded and they have some tables seated uncomfortably. But it's part of the package:
it's cozy not fancy :)

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Frequently visiting Victor for business lunches. Victor has been popular among celebrities and normal people in Oslo for a decade. It is a rather small restaurant, but the menu and food is amazing. Excellent service from the chef and waitresses. Menu varies from day to day and often ingredients based on traditional Norwegian fish, meat and vegetables. Cosy atmosphere and prices are reasonable in Norwegian terms. Located in the area of Sagene, east of Oslo downtown. If you are visiting Oslo for vacation it is absolutely worth a visit. Far away from the tourist traps downtown Oslo.

1  Thank Runar P
Reviewed May 15, 2012

After living in Oslo for over 2 years, it has taken some time to find my way around the restaurants about town and at long last, at Restaurant Victor, I found my place... A place with incredible food, incredible service and an excellent price (by Norwegian standards).

We ordered the 5 course menu and were left with 5 empty plates and a truly individual and incredible experience that brought "fine dining" finally within our reach both in terms of location and price.

Each course was impeccably presented and the combination of fresh ingredients, flavours, textures and styles of preparation blended perfectly and we will come back in the not too distant future to take our new love for this restaurant to the next level.

The atmosphere was lively but still allowed for some privacy and we enjoyed an intimate dinner for 4 here celebrating a special occasion.

Originally from Sydney, my experience with fine dining is at a high standard, and my expectations are the same. Restaurant Victor finally filled my Sydney void for fine food, fine service and fine price.

I cannot recommend this place strongly enough.

1  Thank ReshSydney
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I have been several times to the restaurtant part, and loved it. Today I brought the family to the bistro part and enjoyed the food. Had the tuna, prawn and beef from the bistro menu (before 17:00). The food was tasty and the service ok. But 39 kroner for a 0.33 bottle of Pepsi was a bit expensive. The tuna dish is not a dish you get full from, but it was very good.

You can now get the chef menu in the bistro (after 17:00), from experince this is a very good choice and is a better choice if you are looking at the value. But why not go to the restaurant part? I am actually a little confused by the bistro part (especially after 17:00), for dinner I would go to the restaurant.

Looking forward to my next visit, but it will be to the restaurant.

3  Thank Snublemannen
Reviewed January 31, 2012

They Sort of trying to live up to a reputation I never experienced them to have.
Dark premises, very often crowded not leaving any privacy.
Go here for a romantic dinner only he you would like to share the romance with the table next to you...
Small dishes, service somehow efficient but no personal touch. More brisk than friendly.

1  Thank knutmosk