“Good food & not so good service”
Review of Olivia Aker Brygge

Olivia Aker Brygge
Ranked #58 of 1,480 Restaurants in Oslo
Cuisines: Italian, International
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Malmo, Sweden
“Good food & not so good service”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

The place is really nice, it was a lovely day, so I had the chance to sit outside and enjoy my lunch in the terrace. The view is fantastic, but I found that the terrace was kind of packed with tables...I understand you need to welcome as many people as possible, but in my opinion the tables outside were too close to one another. The menu is rich with a big variety of dishes, and it seems quite authentic. Not only real italian pizza and pasta recipes, but also meat and fish. I ordered a Pizza Margherita and a coke, and I was surprised by how fast they served me. The pizza was really good, with a thin dough (I like it that way!) and the perfect amount of mozzarella and tomato on top...really tasty! One of the best pizzas I have eaten lately in Northern Europe! After the pizza I tried to order a coffee, and that's when I had some problems....I stopped a waitress (she was cleaning the table next to mine) and asked for a coffee, and she told me that she couldn't help me, because she was only responsible for the door, so I should have asked some other waiter/waitress...long story short, it took me about 5 minutes to figure out which waiter could bring me a coffee....and when I finally got it, the coffee was not good at all...so, a lot of effort for a tasteless coffee. Anyway, the experience was overall nice, especially for the good pizza, but the service...well, I didn't really like it.

• Visited May 2014
Christel H, Informasjonssjef at Olivia Aker Brygge, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for your review, we appreciate all the feedback we can get, as it helps us to improve!
The communication problems you experienced should not have occured, and we are very sorry that ordering your coffe was both difficult and dissapointing. Thank you again for taking the time to tell us this, and welcome back if you are ever in Oslo!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gold Coast, Australia
“I wish I had loved this restaurant but the service ruined our whole experience.”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Food, atmosphere, and prices were wonderful.
But I have never had such terrible service, ever, anywhere in the world. We travel everywhere and have worked in the hospitality industry ourselves and are usually very understanding. Our server clearly did not want to serve us. And by the end of the night we were so uncomfortable and unhappy we couldn't wait to run out of the restaurant.
Very very disappointed, not sure if that is the standard in Norway restaurants but if so such a shame. I wish we had just gone to a little cafe and saved our money.

• Visited March 2014
Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to write down your review!
This is not the service we wish for our guest to recieve, and your comments will be taken seriously. Our servers should give all of our guests the attention they deserve, and a little more than that as well. It is very understandable that you regretted your visit. We are sincerelly sorry that you had such an experience, and glad that your food, at least ,was up to your standards!

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Cozy with wonderful views!”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

The ambiance provided was cozy and classy at the same time. Very friendly staff and super tasty pasta! A great place to relax, enjoy a glass of wine and the views provided! Enjoyed the experience.

Visited March 2014
Hi,
and thank you so much for the lovely feedback!
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit to our restaurant :)

Trondheim, Norway
“Great food at Olivia Aker brygge”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Great restaurant with excellent food and good service, nice interior and nicely situated at the waterfront

Visited March 2014
Christel H, Informasjonssjef at Olivia Aker Brygge, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your nice comments!
We are grateful for all feedback we receive from our guests, which helps us improve our service.

Moscow, Russia
“Nice place to have a quite dinner”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

This restaurant is perfectly located on the embankement, but a little bit away from all this noisy and touristic restaurants. It has a pleasant interior and very tasty pizza. If you take into account high prices in Oslo, in this place you will get yourself a very good deal for reasonable budget. It has an open kitchen, which is always nice, because you can actually see, how your food is cooked. However, if you are planning to come here after 7 p.m. I would recommend to make a reservation, becuase it is absolutely full after 5 p.m.

Visited February 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your nice comments!