“Noisy, but excellent food!”
Review of Village Tandoori

Village Tandoori
Ranked #281 of 1,446 Restaurants in Oslo
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A traditional, family-run Indian restaurant in charming Bygdøy Allé. Village is a quiet, intimate restaurant inspired by old India and the Punjab, a province renowned for its food, hospitality and colourful culture. The menu contains fragrant tandoori dishes, curries and a good selection of vegetarian dishes. The restaurant provides an exotic setting for private parties.
Berlin, Germany
“Noisy, but excellent food!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

The Indien restaurant we usualy go to, was closed. We tried the Village Tandoori. It was quite crowded at 5pm so we thought "If it's crowded that early, it can't be bad". So we went in. We were seated at a table to the left after you have gone up the small stairs. There were people at the tables around us, but we had no problems talking and understanding each other. We waited a little long between appetizer and main course, but I'd say that's normal. We ordered Nann bread and Raita on the side and Chicken Poka for appetizer and I had Butter Chicken (nr. 23 on the menu). Very tasty and good spiced food as it should be in an Indian restaurant. We payed a little over 1000 norwegian kroner (inkl. 5% tip) for three people which isn't too bad for eating in Norway (we didn't have any alcoholic bevarages though). I'd say it was normal priced. They brought big bowls of rice all the time, filled up your glases with water and were all in all very attentative and polite. Thanks, I'd go back any time!

Oslo, Norway
“Always delicious”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I have been here several times over the years, and I can always rely on the fact that the food will be delicious. The restaurant is very cozy and traditional. It feels authentic and unique. The portions are big and make great for sharing. I look forward to our next visit!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank GinNorway
Oslo
“Delicious ! Best indian in Oslo..... Maybe in the Norway”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Its my first visit with my friends at Village , I am really happy with their attentive service, food quality is high standard, specially CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA & SAG PANIR just wow. Very clean restaurant and the staff are very friendly.

I wish i m again go here. If you wants to good food, good service then you should go here.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Espen P
Oslo, Norway
“Not as expected”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We have eaten in this restaurant many times and had high expectations. It started out on the wrong foot when we arrived and they could not find our table reservation. We did get a table but a restaurant like this should have a proper reservation system. The waiter was good and attentive
and orders were taken swiftly. Food arrived within reasonable time and most of the food was very tasty. We liked the butter chicken. We were disapointed with the nan bread it was of the factory type you can buy frozen from the supermarked. A restaurant of this type should make their own breads. Selection of different brads is also less than it was before. Otherwise the restaurant is charming, we like to sit on one of the tables closed to the windows and if you do you have to specify this when you do your table reservation.(hopefully it will work). It should be noted that we had very high expectations before visiting Village Tandoori as previous visits have been very good.

• Visited October 2012
“Awsome place B-)”
Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

I along with my girlfriend discovered a very nice place which reminded me our tour to india. village restaurent is the best restaurent in oslo ;-) the food was just great a bit spicy but awsome taste :-) the service was polite and the gentleman was very good conversationist :-) we are so happy and we will surely visit this place more often. Cheers village 5/5 :-D

3 Thank diagur