“Great Stay for Excellent Price” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Kristinelund

Residence Kristinelund
Ranked #16 of 21 Oslo B&B and Inns
Freehold, New Jersey
“Great Stay for Excellent Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2011

This price was less than any else I could find and I was pleasantly surprised with it. The house was beautiful, the rooms were clean, the staff was nice. We had no problems while we were there. Its not a five star hotel but it's not a hostel either. Its a good in between and perfect for a traveler who Just needs a place to crash.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Prague
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2011

We arrived in the evening, there was a paper for us with keys of rooms. One room was already occupied by another guest. When calling the owners they told us to go to another room. The morning they told us: ok it was our guest - without any apology.
Rooms are spacious, but dirty - but ok its for 560 NOK (with advance purchase) which is quite nothing in Norway (not in the rest of Europe). "Breakfast" is absolutely terrible - only 1 bowl with muesli and milk, nothing other. The cabin in which my daughter stayed before - which is free for members of Norwegian tourist club is probably better.

Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank vaschek

Travelers are raving about these Oslo hotels

Bursa, Turkey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

I was in this B&B in October 2011 for 2 nights. I chose it mainly for the beauty of the building, I liked it. When I arrived at the hotel the reception was empty, but they had left me a welcoming note, saying also that the key was in my room. So, I haven't had any problem. Free wireless without access code was good, worked properly. Heating is OK. My room on the ground floor was small but clean; wardrope, bed,table,TV were enough for one person. There were a few channel on TV in their language. B&B is very close to one of the main attractive places of the city(Vigeland sculpture park). But one should keep in mind that it's about 1 hour far away from the city center by foot. For me it wasn't a problem, I like walking and the way to the city center was on the main shopping streets of Oslo. If you don't want to walk so much you should use bus&tram. After reading breakfast comments here (yes, only cereals, milk,juice) I have eaten my own breakfast. I don't understand anyway why they are not improving the breakfast. The cost is high with respect to zillion equivalent place in the world, but it's OK when you think that you're in Oslo.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Copenhagen, DK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

DISGUSTED!! Not only by the uncleanliness of the house and room but also by the owners attitude.
I phoned them early in the day and was told they had a single room for me and I should just give them a call when I arrived! I enquired about the strange booking procedure but put it down as Norwegian trusty nature when she enusred me I had the room...
When I arrived 10 hours later I found a house that contrary to the website looked dingy from the outside... front door wide open with no staff on the premises, still crumbs from breakfast in the breakfast room...after calling the various phone numbers on the front door I got hold of the same woman again who told me to go up to a specific room and have a look if it had been cleaned!!?? ...it was dirty and no bed linien on pillow and duvet that had turned yellow... To my surprise she told me they had run out of bedlinen so I should take it as is or find another hotel!!!! Insane! ...5 minutes later a guy phoned my cell offering a room in their other hotel in the outskirts of Oslo...just 10 minutes away but apparently bedlinen can't be transferred between sites.
Luckily Oslo wasn't that busy and I got a room for slightly more at Best Western West Hotel... Stay clear of Residence Kristinelund its NOTHING like the photos on the website and not a hotel but a BAD HOSTEL!!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

So disappointed to arrive here. It was recommended in the Lonely Planet Guide but have no idea why.
The location suited us and its in a nice area 25 min walk into town but through quite an interesting neighbourhood with lots of cafes, shops and restaurants. Said it was a quiet location but the main road at the front of the building could be heard in our room as no window did not shut properly.
Hardly saw the owners only one poor girl who seemed to be doing everything (cleaner/receptionist etc). They didn't even have a City map when we asked.
The reception area and breakfast room look very nice and it looked like some work had been done to some of the downstairs bathrooms to make them more modern.
Our room was disappointing though. It was OK but very basic and fairly clean.
The (shared) bathroom on our floor served seven rooms, looked like it had never been decorated for about 30 years, was dirty, small and filled with other guests drying washing and toiletries. Long wait some mornings to get in.
The breakfast was an insult. The website does say that it only does cornflake and fruit but the fruit was the cheapest apples and oranges cut into wedges and didn't taste nice. The cornflakes were value brand and horrible. Not worth having and bought breakfast out.
I know this is Oslo but £80 per night is far to much to charge. Would agree with a previous reviewer that this is providing more of a hostel type accommodation but this might be an insult to Norwegian hostels as have stayed in some great hostels over there!

Room Tip: Ground floor seemed to have more modern bathrooms.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2011

Very nice house, operated by a young couple who do not care. Filthy, bad breakfast. Do yourselves a favor and stay away from here.

Room Tip: Stay away from this place
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Oslo, Norway
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2011

This place is filthy. You cannot speak with anyone about it because the owners stay a safe distance away. Our beds are just a sheet laid over a box springs. Hard to find bathrooms and they are not clean. We would like to leave, but they require payment in advance.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple