“Chilled”

and up
River Bike Tour in Oslo
Ranked #26 of 399 things to do in Oslo
More attraction details
Owner description: Neighborhood with a bohemian/creative atmosphere and many unique cafes, shops and parks.
Reviewed July 13, 2014

This area has more independent shops, restaurants and bars than the rest of the city and has a pretty chilled atmosphere. It doesn't really live up to the bohemian, vintage heaven mark it has got, but it's cheaper and has a lot more alternative shops than the rest of the city. You will find many young local Norwegians here.

1  Thank maariesu

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I've heard and read a lot about Grunerlokka before I visited so I had high expectations. I thought it would be a really cool area with lots of vintage, second-hand shops and stores selling special things but all I saw when I visited were some bars and restaurants, a very small number of shops. I wasn't sure if it was because I visited in the morning and on a rainy day, so I went back the next day when it's sunny to give it a second try. But it's still the same. People just hang out in the bars, but there's nothing special about it.
I was indeed very disappointed about it. Maybe I just went on the wrong days.

4  Thank travel-fun-ex
Reviewed May 27, 2014

This is where we based ourselves while in Oslo. It's real trendy, clean with cool bars and a good cafe scene. You won't find many tourists around this area, just alot of local Norwegians if you're after the local vibe. On a sunny day the outdoor seating of every cafe will be busy and so will the parks. If you are just visiting here I recommend going to the bar we went to on the Saturday called Rebell. It plays alot of 80's music which is good to sing along to with the locals. the only downside like the rest of Oslo is the price of everything, but that just comes with the territory.

3  Thank hulllinc
Reviewed January 4, 2014

This place is where you will find everything you seek for: good food, shopping, rare items, cosy cafes,nice cocktails. It is highly crowded on Saturday nights but it's absolutely worth it both at day and night!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I couldn't wait to explore this neighborhood after all I'd read about it, but when I set out on the main streets mentioned, I thought I must have gotten my map turned around... There was nothing remotely alternative / urbane / hipster to speak of. Two AMERICAN 50's diners and a Salvation Army thrift shop were the highlights. >_< There were maybe three blocks of "shops" which were only expensive/dull clothing shops, cafes and corner stores. I'd gotten a hostel on this side of town just for this neighborhood and was sooooo bummed.

3  Thank Chelsea E