“super cool place with drinks that don't break the bank!”
Review of Blaa

Blaa
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is off the beaten path and if I hadn't asked the friendly receptionist at the hotel', we would have probably spent the evening at one of the pricey tourist traps in the city center. Friendly bar staff and a great selection of beers which can be enjoyed sitting by the river. This venue is open all day and you can even enjoy a game of chess there - just ask for a chessboard at the bar. Towards the evening, the music becomes louder and from chileld out raegee it becomes rock/alternative. It's open till 3 am and you need i.d. to enter - well I got asked for it! Right next door to it is another club called apen bar (not to be confused by the one in the city center by the marina) which means open bar in norwegain and has a great ambience as well.

There is no food served here but you can get a takeaway and eat it here. The staff have no problems with that.

1  Thank AnureetR

Reviewed July 19, 2013

This place got it all: Techno, House, Jazz, Rock, Rap....+++
Perfect if you are SICK and TIRED of the extremely commercial party places in Oslo.
Get down to "akerselva", and relax with real people and real music.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

It is off the beaten path, but once you find it, it is a great place for a quiet cup of coffee or a beer (during he daytime). At night it is a concert/music scene. It is a little chic/shabby, but very pleasant. I enjoyed sitting outside next to the river for an hour or two reading. In many respects, this is Oslo's answer to Christiana in Copenhagen.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Blå is located in a very narrow street so you should know the place to find it. We did, and we really enjoyed it!
Every sunday there's a market with handmade juwelry and vintage clothes. Really cool and original. Also, there's a cafe where you can sit outside and enjoy the hippie-vibe that's going on there. Above the cafe, there was an art exposition where we went to. It was all modern art, which I love, but that's obviously personal.
Overall, Blå is a definite go-to place for people who love arty and hip hangout places!

Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Hello!
I came on the 17th of may with my friend. Everybody was friendly and we had a great time.
At some point during the night, a guy from the staff agressively pointed us and made us leave. I didn't have time to take my jacket. I had to make a scandal to let the entrance guy let me take my jacket and as I asked to speak with the manager, he finally apologized and let me come in.
I think it is a nice place but also a very commercial place (even though it looks like a cool and alternative place) and because of the agressivity of the staff I put a bad evaluation.
I'm 34 and that's the first time it happens to me.
H