“Good fishsoup”

VulkanFisk
Ranked #55 of 1,795 Restaurants in Oslo
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Norwegian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Ultra fresh seafood with large associated fish counter
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

As a fishsoup foodie I'm quite "pickie" regarding this traditional Norwegian dish.
Fish and mussels seemed fresh and the soup had a nice creamy consitensy. Allthough I have to say I think they do it a bit better in my own home city. I wish for the soup to be a tiny bit even creamier.

All in all a good experience. Price about 190 NOK wasn't that bad either.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After a day slogging around the streets of Oslo and traveling the ferries out to the museums, we alighted upon the Vulkan Mathallen for an early supper. VulkanFisk has a great seafood menu - small but perfectly formed - and a really good vibe to it. I went for that day's special - a goodly portion of halibut served with a delicious barley seed risotto; the fish was cooked to perfection and the service was rapid and efficient. I would go back!!

Reviewed June 5, 2019 via mobile

I love it when other reviewers gets it right!!

This fish restaurant is located at the far end of the entrance. I trusted the previous reviews to guide me to the fish soup! It was absolutely perfect!! It was heavenly without being a heavy chowder like broth! The fresh green peas was a nice touch with the leeks! Matched with a glass of wine, it was a perfect afternoon with myself!!

Reviewed May 28, 2019

One f my top place for delicious seaood. The service was very friendly and attentive. Prices were decent. This place has positive reviews for a reason.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 21, 2019 via mobile

After our first day in Norway, a day full of sightseeing, we ended up here for dinner. Signage is not great, Google maps gets you close. It's in the market. We both had the same places, the chef fish special. The flavors were spectacular. Every item on the plate complimented the next. Loved the beets and fennel. The mashed potatoes could have been a little thicker, we still are them. For weekday you get, very reasonably priced. Highly recommend.

Date of visit: May 2019